1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Cars 0-100kph Acceleration Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by GWTBialy, Apr 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GWTBialy

GWTBialy Petrolhead

Hey guys!

Do you have some videos of cars you drive? For example - acceleration, top speed and so on. I think that will be a good idea to start thread like this.

That's my Honda Civic 1.8i-VTEC 0-100km/h acceleration with ESP turned on. I will record second attempt with ESP setting to off.

CLICK:
    Honda Civic 1.8i VTEC Sport - 0-100km/h - VSA On [HD]

2. GWTBialy

GWTBialy Petrolhead

Ah, thanks. Haven't seen this topic ;)

3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Well we could make this thread just for 0-100 (0-60) videos ;)

That's my VW Golf 1.4l-TSI 0-100km/h acceleration with ESP turned on.

Something like 6.7 or 6.8 seconds to 100 :cheeese:

4. GWTBialy

GWTBialy Petrolhead

Ryzza - very nice!

Yesterday I've got second attempt in Civic, this time on wet road, but result is better.

And here's video of my second car - VW Passat 2.0 TFSI B6.

#5 GWTBialy, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Hehe, yep, gotta love what a supercharger and turbocharger working in tandem can do, even if it is bolted onto a frugal 1.4

6. GWTBialy

GWTBialy Petrolhead

Final attempt, traction control was off, and the result is better than producer says.

#7 GWTBialy, Apr 9, 2012
  7. GTAMADDOG

GTAMADDOG Dreaming in Splendour

I'd do this, but it'd just be embarrasing really. I don't like reving my car too much either, so far the furthest I've taken it is about 3,500RPM, then again that is pretty much where peak power is and the best time to change up for moar torques, y0 :p

8. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

I don't have a video, but i have the time... i got the outstanding time of 16.3 seconds in 0-100km/h! Lol

To make my situation a little better, official time is 14.9 seconds, so, not so bad...

9. Camel

Camel New Member

:hmmm:

I'll do this when the weather is a little bit less, erm, wet. More than likely a few weeks away. Apparently it takes 11.3 seconds, doesn't feel that long when I floor it though.

10. Milli

Do you think i felt like 16 seconds? For me it was half of that time. :lol: Specially with my fast gear shiftings... lol

11. GWTBialy

GWTBialy Petrolhead

Mili, Camel - what are those cars? :)

GTAMADDOG - C'mon, record video :D

Unfortunatelly not my car, but my friend's. He doesn't shift it properly I think, that's why the time is slower by around 1s than producer says. Anyway, we will repeat this ;)

#12 GWTBialy, Apr 9, 2012
  12. Milli

It is a Fiat Punto 1.4 Attractive. Manual. Around 85hp. Lol

I think i lost a good time at not leaving the 0 with enough rpm... i did not full the engine before start, if you can understand me.

#13 Milli, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by Milli: Apr 9, 2012
  13. Camel

Camel New Member

Mine's a 2012 Focus Titanium 1.6 powershift.

Most people here probably think it's slow but it's plenty fast enough for me at the moment.

14. Mb

Mb The Photographer

Attractive? Good name for a Punto :p

15. Acid44

Acid44 Beercules

My god Ryzza, what are you feeding that thing?

#16 Acid44, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by Acid44: Apr 9, 2012
  16. Fear Deer

Fear Deer Mc dolan hambargre luvin

haxx!

17. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Shell V-Power = more Vrooom :)
    Also having a supercharger and turbo charger helps ;)

I gotta admit I'm surprised by the time you quoted Mellors. I'd expect a non-eco non-cheapo 2012 car to be < 10 seconds. :( And you're right, it does feel more sprightly when watching your driving videos.

18. Camel

Camel New Member

It's supposed to be a fairly economical car. 1.6 isn't much in a modern car that's full of heavy stuff. It's a shame we couldn't get the turbo version, that hits 60 3 seconds quicker.

I'm pretty sure the time they say is conservative. I'll try it with and without the various traction control things on. Maybe 2-step it too.

It does seem to do everything effortlessly though. Want to overtake 2 cars at 50 in 6th gear? No problem! Lol

E: It is faster than most other cars of a similar size with the same size engine. The only one I found that was quicker was the 1.6 Golf, but we looked at that before we got this and the Golf came with a lot less kit in and on it.

#19 Camel, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by Camel: Apr 10, 2012
  19. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Hmm we don't have a MK6 1.6l Golf here so I don't know. I suppose anything faster would cost you guys way more in insurance as well.

What's your MPG on the Focus?