1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBL Problems

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Nodz86, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

XBL are having issues again. People can't sign in or like me get booted off XBL when they boot up a game.

Also when you run a connection test XBL = fail.

Only M$ couldcock up on xmas day.

Xbox LIVE Status
    You may have noticed that the LIVE service has been having a few issues over the past few days. This includes things like signing in, matchmaking and account recovery. Not everyone has had problems, but I know some of you have and I wanted to give you and update. While the service was never completely offline, problems like this are not acceptable. The entire LIVE team has been working day and night to ensure that you can have a great LIVE experience. While we’re not done yet, I wanted to let you know that things are getting better each hour and that no one on the team is going anywhere until the job is done. Thanks for your patience.

From Major Nelson a.k.a. Larry Hryb Xbox Live Director of Programming.

#1 Nodz86, Dec 25, 2007
    Last edited by Nodz86: Dec 31, 2007
  2. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

The engineers probably planned it, big bucks on Christmas after all !

3. khevolution

khevolution Most likely To Hit a Tree

phew glads it not just me, thought i would be heading out to buy a new router tommorow

4. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

Just bumping this to say if you are not signed in already it is very doubtful you will be able to sign in tonight.

5. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

Added to the 1st post what Major said and is doing about the problem as he is the director of XBL programming.

6. nitrox

nitrox HC ES ! <3

i didnt had or are having prob's at all, probably local issue ? :eek::oook::badspelling:

7. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

No its not a local issue. Its a worldwide issue but its only affecting some of the XBL community.

8. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

xbl is playing up again today

9. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

It certanly is, I've been on all morning with no problems and no I keep being disconnected or I can't sign in at all.

I hope they fix this soon as I'm starting to think about getting a PS3.

10. Telos

Telos Eternal Being

I can sign up ok but cannot access anything... cannot use marketplace or get ms points or anything like that. Just when I was thinking about buying some car packs.

11. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

Just got this from xbox.com (when I eventually got on it)

Xbox LIVE Service Status

Xbox Live and Zune Marketplace users will experience billing related transaction failures, including but not limited to: Purchase of premium download content, music, and account management, including account creation, renewal, and recovery; additionally users may experience issues with matchmaking and statistics related transactions.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/ - Check here for XBL status

In other words give up and try later, also the xbox.com XBL forum is full of XBL not working etc,etc and so is gamefaqs.

12. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

Just went on and isn't letting me look at marketplace stuff, whats the betting they'll put the free download on and it'll crash again.

Got on Xbox.com all right though as you seemed to have problems.

13. Nige

Nige Buy American ....

Guys don't worry !!!!!! Anybody would think its the end of the world :p lol.

Just play a single player game like --- for example and its all good :D.

#13 Nige, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited by Baldy: Jan 6, 2008