1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's that word again?? Uh I just had it! It's on the tip of my tongue!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diablo, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Damn these are annoying. Those moments where you are thinking about something and are about to say or write it and *poof* it's gone! :( Or when you get the orders off people like what cuppa they want or the round of drinks to go buy, and *yoink*, you're questioning yourself about whether what you are about to make or order is right??? :hmmm:

And it's not only about the old suffering this, as it happens to everyone (but yeah more often to old people) and damn are these brain farts super frustrating!!! :derp:

But to show you're not alone I propose that if this happens to you that you post about it. Let's see just what gets forgotten about the most and to what similarities can be found if any, to the circumstances that bring them on.

Is it as simple as changing rooms for example? And is the best way to have it come back: to forget and think about/go do something different and leaving the back of your mind to work it out for you?

I'm a yes to both of these personally, although the latter doesn't always result in success. :headbang:

[HR][/HR]
    To start this off I forgot the term 'time stamp'. :eek:

Yes that simple little word to describe a marker of time in a video. I looked for 'time point', 'point in time', 'section of a video' and 'time marker' before a related link on a website showed me the word I was looking for.

2. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

I don't remember the last thing I didn't remember

3. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Have to agree with Ry here, not sure I remember any of the things I don't remember :confused: Although I completely get what you're referring to, I always seem to forget quite simple terms.

4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Well that's good. How do you think I should have termed this then?

5. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

"I'm getting senile: A Diablo story" is probably the thread title i'd have given it. :cheeky:

Ryzza5 and Diablo like this.
  6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Why I oughta!!! :toetap:

7. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Oh look, poor Diablo forgot how to finish his sentence again :nuts:

Microphone likes this.
  8. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Stop picking on me!! :sadeyes:

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!