1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploading a video??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by khevolution, Sep 22, 2007.

1. khevolution Most likely To Hit a Tree

hey i just spent the last hour editing a video for another forum im part of and go to upload said video to youtube and its saying the file is too big, now im using Vegas Editing Software and i can't seem to find a function to compress the video to an acceptable file size, now does anybody know of a method for me to compress this video?

2. Speed

Speed Can You Feel It?

Yes, I had this yesterday. The video was 386 megabytes!

When rendering the video in Vegas, normally it tries to save it as .wmv. This produces a huge file size, so if you just change it to render the video as .avi instead then you should be fine :) Hope that helps.

3. khevolution

khevolution Most likely To Hit a Tree

right that what i saved it as and its 834 MB!!!

4. Iced_Bullet

Iced_Bullet Cheese=Milk's Death Route

haha well done speed :p I think Speed got the .wmv and .avi the wrong way round ;) on mine, the .wmv produces a much less file size than .avi ;) (20times less to be precise)

5. khevolution

Hey thanks alot, that did it first time and also thanks to speed, don't worry about it, we get things the wrong way round sometimes, if i can you both get rep

6. Iced_Bullet

Iced_Bullet Cheese=Milk's Death Route

You have a link to the video :p Or is it not up yet :)

7. khevolution

not up yet, just to let you know its a RC based video! any comment would be welcome will update this post with the link soon

8. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

Sounds good, i look forward to it.

9. Speed

Speed Can You Feel It?

Damn seriously! First time I wrote that post I got it the right way round, but I thought I was wrong, so I checked on Vegas to see which it automatically saved as. It must've saved my settings for me so I changed it to the wrong way round without realising! It's just too good!

10. khevolution

11. Speed

Speed Can You Feel It?

Wow nice video, just finished watching it. Really nice cutting too, I like the bit at 1.18 where it goes all black and the music keeps going, a nice touch on the video if you meant to do it or not Lol :D I would Rep you for it but I can't Lol.

12. khevolution

well it wasn't planned, but i deleted a bit of footage from that bit, but when played back it seemed to work without footage so i kept it like that