1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota Celica GT-Four

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by TIMELESS, Sep 6, 2011.

1. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

Since I keep spamming my 'Car Dilema' thread.. I might as well make this instead :lol:

This is our Toyota Celica GT-Four WRC (homologation model) with 169,857 miles on the clock and still going strong! As it's the rare WRC model it comes with a Recaro SR drivers seat, white OZ Racing WRC wheels and some stronger engine parts. It was recently dyno'd at 220bhp, 20-30 down from standard, but still a good figure for the miles and age, and it still does 0-60 in 6 seconds or under :)

We plan to buy new plugs, leads, dizzy and rotor, air intake and boost controller to make a good 280-310bhp. Sometime in the future we may even go for a rebuild upto 400bhp.. but only time will tell...

The rare OZ WRC wheels just came back from being refurb'd and painted..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Soundwave

Soundwave Can You Hear It?

Looks nice, Now i want to see more pics of the car. :cheeky:

3. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

^Basically what he said. The rims are beautiful :drool2: And I love celicas :)

4. ZacDaMan72

ZacDaMan72 Total Muppet

I have one too! but mine is in red.

5. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

I did some research and it turns out this is #97 of 2500 WRC models :D

2 new pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. T1M

T1M ♥ MX-5 ♥

Nice Lexus doors! :D

The Toyota ain't bad either. :cheeky:

7. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

Haha thanks Tim :p All shiney from the last time we waxed/polished her.

T1M likes this.
  8. randomsox10

randomsox10 Hachi-Roku

I love that Celica. Looks like a great car to drive. And the fact that it's been going that long and still having properly quick performance is impressive.

TIMELESS likes this.
  9. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

Very nice Toyotas you have! 160k on the Celica is pretty good, looks you take care of it. :nods: What engine does the IS have? Diesel?

10. RX_37

RX_37 Peugeot RCZ THP 200

220 bhp, was that in the engine or on the wheels? If it's on the wheels which i assume it's perfectly normal. There is always a power loss of something like 20-40 bhp from the engine to the wheels on all cars, more on 4WD cars since there's a lot more stuff that needs turning.

A front mounted intercooler is said to give a decent amount of horsepower on these. You should look into that.

Looks good tho :)

#10 RX_37, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  11. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

Thanks! 176k now :D And yes we do, washed atleast once a week, we give her the genuine Toyota stuff too, when she needs it. And yes the IS is the 220d, brilliant engine.. 400nm of goodness.

220bhp at the engine, normally I think it's around 200-210 at the wheels, like you said about the loss from 4WD. I'd say she should make a bit more now that she's had a good service. Probably wouldn't bother with an FMIC until we're over 300. Intake, exhaust (we already have custom made one) and boost controller gets a good 280-300bhp, so that'd probably be first.

Cheers!

Thanks dude, it is. They're seriously strong engines, this one survived a fire* (seriously) and it still goes like new.

Will have to get a good video sometime.. needs a mount though, any suggestions? :hmmm:

*note: we now carry an extinguisher with us.. xD

12. randomsox10

randomsox10 Hachi-Roku

It survived a fire?!? That really is impressive. As for a camera mount, I would either tape it to the seat headrest or find a cheap mount for your phone.

13. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

Haha yup. Ironically enough while sitting outside the mechanics. Some pipe under the chargecooler got blocked up with oil and exploded. Liking the ideas lol. Would maybe prefer a dash mount though, I might try the one we got for my dad's Galaxy and see if it fits a camera... :hmmm:

The Compensator and randomsox10 like this.
  14. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

Time for a wee bump. 4 years and 10,000 miles later the Celica is finally getting some pretty things:

HKS Hi-Power (3" front to back, 4"? tip)
    [​IMG]

BC Racing suspension all round:
    [​IMG]

Shiny aluminium radiator and new hoses:
    [​IMG]

I'm many excites. Coming soon: wheel refurbishment (again but properly), new seats, possibly a new intake, eventually a respray.

The Compensator likes this.
  15. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Shiny things are shiny, nice :nods: When are they being fitted? I need a SC of the new exhaust sound when it's on, don't expect me to be positive about it, i'm just intrigued by it :p

If this is not enough to encourage you to get your frigging Driving Licence then what the hell will be? :p

16. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

Exhaust tomorrow hopefully or Friday, suspension and radiator on Monday. And don't worry it's got a silencer so it shouldn't sound yobbish or stupidly loud (I'm looking at you Type R with 3" straight-through) :p

And the application form is ready to be sent off, just need to get some pics of my beautiful face. :nods:

17. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

I thought you said 'your type-r' then I was like :hmmm: do i have memory issues? :p

The application has been ready to be sent off for ages (days, MAYBE EVEN A WEEK) now, get your act together :nods:

18. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

Well I didn't have £72 (!!!!!) to throw about :( I'll get a thread up for my exciting 206 soon, I'm sending it off for servicing, fixing and MOT-ing next week or the week after while I wait for my licence.

19. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

Just don't wreck it on your first day of having driving licence.

20. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!