1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forza Motorsport 4 Thought/Opinions on FM4? Post them here.

Discussion in 'Archived Titles' started by gingervette, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Jacob

Jacob New Member

[​IMG]

:leaves:

2. DJdan

DJdan GT5 Photographer

well a bit a of a war started out here huh?

anyway i like FM4 but visually it doesnt look entirely different i mean look at GT5 prologue and GT5 not much difference either.

it still has that Forza style to it which i like though.

i have both games and i like both GT and FM.

they both are not perfect but i still like them and i have to admit that the first impression tells me that there is no extreme difference.

anyway what i still think is about the best part of the game is the car selection :D

3. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Just to say, GT5 Prologue and GT5 are supposed to look the same, since both are called GT5. :lol:

4. DJdan

DJdan GT5 Photographer

i know but when you look at visual only then its just GT5P but tweaked a bit

and it took them 3 to 4 years doing that

5. Camel

Camel New Member

Now now, this is a Forza thread. Can you keep the discussion to Forza from now on.

And just by watching comparison videos you can't be sure that what you're seeing is what it would be like playing both games for yourself. You don't know if the videos have been edited or what the picture settings were at when they were recorded.

I know for me at least, FM3 wasn't as bright as shown in that video and FM4 certainly isn't as dull as shown in that video. And that's from playing both games on the same TV with the same settings.

6. Prophecy

Prophecy New Member

7. DJdan

DJdan GT5 Photographer

also agreed.

but do have to say that to my opinion the photo mode sucks balls.

now i cant even get my photo's here because i cant log into Xbox Live

8. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

It feels a lot more connected to me, more fun, the sounds are amazing, from tickover, to redline, in anything from a fox (if you want a laugh, do the 1 mile drag in one of the starter cars, untuned they wont even reach 100!) to a flame spitting lambo. The rubbish cars are actually great fun on some of the more challenging circuits ( sub100hp cars vs fuji kaido for lols). the handling is better and the improved racer count is great (protip: always try and tune your PI one under the class border, everyone will almost certainly plow into the first corner and crash, hang behind and pass when everyone else is bunched up)

9. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

10. T1M

T1M ♥ MX-5 ♥

'No Codes left' >_>

FM4 is a pretty damn epic game. One thing I will say though is the Storefront keeps crashing just like FM3 :(

11. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

Oh well - I'm not on FB :lol:

12. ciaman96

ciaman96 Super Spoonerism

First off let me say I love this game. It's my first actual sim racing game unless you count NFS Pro Street which wasn't too bad for it's time but now looks like a complete muck up. Anyway, the graphics are great and the sounds are awesome. The visual effects are top notch as well. I actually feel tense driving at 150 mph +. Coming from TDU 2 I see an absolutely profound change in driving feel. The faster vehicles actually feel like they'll kill you if you're just willy nilly with the throttle. The physics just feel right (even though I'm stuck to using a pad because the game seems to think my hand brake is permanently on when my wheel is plugged in). Also the amount of customization available for all of your vehicles is great. I love the car choice as well.

Now for the bad. While the physics certainly seem to be great they just don't seem to work right for me on a pad. I can't steer as smoothly as I want to and it's really killing my lap times not being to be able to take some corners correctly because of that. If my wheel worked with this game it would probably be another story. My next gripe is with the A.I. As others have mentioned they just ram into you sometimes like your not even there. Sometimes I'll get a perfect pass on someone just to be crashed into by another driver and have it ruined. This gets so frustrating sometimes I just lose the will to race cleanly and bash other drivers to get in front. Also, the difficulty seems to be done incorrectly. In world tour mode it's very challenging (for me) and any mistakes can mean a definite loss. Outside of that mode it's too easy, once I manage to get in front I just leave the competition in the dust for the rest of the race.

Really this game isn't bad at all however. I definitely don't regret spending $80 on it and I can't say that for every game I've bought. I give it 2 thumbs up.

13. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

Yeah I'm not really playing the game much until I get a wheel that works with the X360.

14. DJdan

DJdan GT5 Photographer

i wonder what would happen if i would connect my G27 to the Xbox 360

but drifitng seems rediculously hard in this game

15. Paladin Skylark

You have to get ahold of the feeling and then drifting is fine. My wheel bit the dust v.v so I'll buy another one later... or get one for Christmas...

16. Milli

I think this is a fair comparisions. Both look fine, imo... But, in my opinion, GT5 looks a bit more real.

*is still trying to find an online race that people try not to crash in Forza*

#56 Milli, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018 at 1:55 AM
  17. gingervette

gingervette Corvette = Win

I made this thread for discussion, not trash. Please go away.

18. Milli

Why trash? I think it is valid.

Edit: Please notice that the video was posted HOURS ago.

#58 Milli, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  19. Paladin Skylark

If you PLAYED Forza, you could find this all the time. Stop hating in our threads, we don't bash yours.

20. 2010rrsupercharged

2010rrsupercharged New Member

If you ask me, its not untill you actually compare games on your own tv that you discover which truely looks best. When you compare Forza 3 and Forza 4 side by side you realize just how big of a difference there is between the two games. The new lighting system is what really makes the difference, its also the reason i think Forza 4 looks better then GT5. I will admit, i actually think the enviroments look a bit more realistic in GT5, however they look alot more dull. Forza 4 took more arcady looking enviroments and made them look more visually impressive then actually are, and in my opinion it makes Forza more visually appealing.

On a note that is un-GT5 realated, i must say i am abosutly impressed with the new physics engine made better with sim steering, its nice too be able have soo much control over the way you go around a corner. I don't i've ever played a racing game on this generation of consoles that felt this realistic. The added body roll does wonders for the fell of weight transfer. I still think there should be more body roll though, but the suspenion feels alot more realistic, epecially when you hit bumps.

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!