1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new iPod range - a marketing ploy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iced_Bullet, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Iced_Bullet

Iced_Bullet Cheese=Milk's Death Route

In my opinion, the new ipod range is a shockingly bad design!

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObj...43F68&node=home/ipod_accessories/shop_by_type

I think some designers at Apple have decided to design the new ipods really badly, so more people buy the iPod touch, which, is £199 (8gb [£70more than the 8gb nano]) or £269 (16gb [£40more than the 160gb Classic])

Don't get me wrong, I love iPod and Apple, however the new design for the nano and normal iPod is crap!

2. Speed

Speed Can You Feel It?

Sorry, but what's actually wrong with it, look's fine to me...

3. Iced_Bullet

I don't like the "squashed" design.... of the nano. :p

To put my first post simply...

4. Speed

Speed Can You Feel It?

You don't even have an iPod do you? And neither do I Lol

5. Jo3lT

Jo3lT 100% British Beef

I hated it, Then tolerated it, Now its growing on me ^^

And for the record, Everything Apple do is a marketing ploy lol

6. CarboyZR1

CarboyZR1 Asian

I have an iPod Mini, but my God, the new iPod range lost what it had years ago. Tradition.

7. TDU 505

TDU 505 Clinically Insane

i have a 4th gen 20gb haha scroll action NO LAG unlike the newer ones

8. The Queen

The Queen <3 Ferrari F50

I actually quited liked the nano. It's small and stylish imo!

Regarding the new ones. Yes they probably are a thing to get people to spend more money etc.. The touch one looks pretty good but i'm not a fan of the small squished looking one. Especially in the colours they provide! I mean it looks like someone has puked on it because the colour is so horrid ;)

9. ScaR

ScaR New Member

I just dont like iPods :)

10. -Lr-SpeedraceR

-Lr-SpeedraceR New Member

Dont really like iPods, some are nice, but this Nano is ugly ^^

11. Mb

Mb The Photographer

iPods are way to commercial, everybody has one!
    That's why i got myself something else.
    [​IMG]

12. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

Tradition?? They've only been out a few years lol. They look great but still way to expensive for what they are. I got a 2 gb mp4 player about the same size of a nano but has a radio and plays films for £29. Why would you spend 100 and somthing quid on a nano?

13. Iced_Bullet

Cos you're paying for the brand name :p and "showing" off, even though nearly everyone has one :s

Plus not many other HDD Music Players have the scroll wheel. That is another reason to pay the extra proce tag.

But I wouldn't pay the extra price tag on the new nano, as I don't like the design.

14. Speed

Speed Can You Feel It?

The scroll wheel is horrendous in my opinion. It's clunky and just a rubbish design idea. I have no idea why so many people like it to be honest.

15. TOPGEAR DOG

TOPGEAR DOG Secretly a shoplifter!

The new nano looks like the iphone

16. Iced_Bullet

Correction... the new iPod Touch looks like the iPhone ;)

The Nano looks like a pile of crap!

17. craigie

craigie I have the...

before you all go judging, i hated the nano when i first saw them. I thought the same as you and thought they had ruined it.

however, today i saw the REAL nano in John Lewis and my god is it good! I've completely changed my mind about them. I think they are great! They only had the nano so i cant comment about the others but i really do like the new nano. They had the new one next to the old one and its amazing how old the other ones look. They are tiny and so amazingly thin. the scrollwhell is small but useable. On the whole i like it.

Dont judge before you try (just like dont judge a book by its cover :p)

i'm pretty peeed off cos i've known about them bringing out new ones for a while but got bored 2 weeks ago and bought a 60gb ipod video only to find the new range a couple of days later!

18. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

Im a creative labs man meself.

My zen micro has given me 3 years loyal sevice, and only cost £115 (and for a 6gb, fm radio, HDD Mp3 player back then, that was a good deal :D) For some reason the battery wont charge now, but that will probably be remedied with a £6 battery that is as easy to replace as a phone battery :D

planning on a new creative one for chrimbo :D

19. craigie

craigie I have the...

i've had a creative thing before and my mate has a Zen. I hate them lol. I hate the UI and everything about them and i can never use the crappy scroll thing.

My mini's been going since they came out. (3/4 years?) and it still charges and has a reasonable battery life! I would still be happy with it now if i hadn't have outgrown the hard drive (by a couple of gbs!)

and to all the iPod haters....
    Windows Media Player and every other music player that i have tried sucks! Itunes is the main reason that i like Ipods. I love the integrated store that works perfectly everytime and the way that the music is stored and everything works perfectly. I dont understand how people can use Windows Media Player. It really ****** me off

Mod Edit: Watch your language please!

#19 craigie, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited by Baldy: Sep 16, 2007
  20. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

I find iTunes the Best media player, but then, everything apple is great in my eyes, Quicktime is the best video player IMO aswell.

but iPods are over-rated and not worth the price tag.

Creative FTW :p