1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The *How To Use Hardcore Mode* thread

Discussion in 'TDU1 - Xbox 360' started by XxZanza LabzxX, Apr 6, 2007.

1. XxZanza LabzxX

Okay, someone post this, cause I need a lot of help, I just got it today and drifting is hard as hell.
    Someone help?
    Please =]

2. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

I'm not a great driver but I think it is slow into corners and then power all the way throgh the corner in hardcore mode or your will under-steer.

3. FA430RGT

FA430RGT Hoods and Alley-ways..

Well you need practice thats all I can say.. (wait till nipper gets here then he can give you some lectures..)

4. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

Oh and start in a slower car, c class or somthing.

5. RoaD-RaGe-Xtreme

RoaD-RaGe-Xtreme Smoke 'em

You have probabbly heard this: "Slow in, Fast out". Well, try it. It works every time. It works for me too. The best is to use a high class car, which has a lot of ponys under the hood. Then when entering a turn hit the gas and keep the car stable and watch to not spin out. Then just keep flooring it until you exit. I hope I helped. Peace! :)

#5 RoaD-RaGe-Xtreme, Apr 6, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  6. XxZanza LabzxX

Thanks all, I'll try it =]

7. Nipper

Nipper \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

slow in fast out????

no no no, do that and get maybe a 15 degree angle

you go into the corner as fast as possible, then either feint or handbrake, whichever is more comfortable

once in the slide to keep it going requires a LOT of steering and throttle input, once you master that move on to the tricky stuff

to extend your drift either give it full throttle in balance with steering or handbrake, or you can use the footbrakes in some situations

when going from a left to a right in one drift you just steer into the drift massively, then let it go the other way and catch it for the next corner, a transition, if you will

hope this helps, check my vids for corner speeds and such, or hit me up on LIVE and ill show you in person ;)

good luck

8. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

I posted this at the atari US boards a while ago but it fits here also:

Cars that are easy to drift:
    Saleen S7TT
    RUF Rturbo
    RUF Rt12
    McLaren F1 GTR (LM is easy to get sideways but hard as hell to control)
    Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Medium difficulty:
    Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR
    Ferrari F40
    Ferrari F430/Spider (get it right and glides like a dream but very easy to lose the power and overrev)
    Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM AMG
    Noble M400
    Saleen Coupe

That's all I have tried upto now, I try and stay away from the RUF's and Saleens as they're easy (apart from the RGT), I have found the standard F1 at Stage 3 to be somewhat of a drifter but damn is it hard to keep under control and also in the power, you have to flick between 2nd and 3rd gears often.

Well enjoy ! :D

9. XxZanza LabzxX

Thanks Diablo & Nipper :)

#9 XxZanza LabzxX, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  10. Nipper

errr, may be easy to get sideways but to keep it there, damn its a constant battle ;)

11. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

4th gear and low revs does the job for me in keeping it at a nice angle, 3rd gear is too low for some corners I find.

12. Nipper

i use 2nd 3rd and 4th for drifting, and nothing beats 5th for the highspeed motorway slalom ;)

13. B1gSmurf

B1gSmurf New Member

The oahu race circuit is good to practice :)

14. XxZanza LabzxX

That's where I go ^
    I think I've mastered the RUF RT12 on that track, except for the BIG sweeper at the end.

15. Nipper

seriously, practising on the track will mess you up when you hit the mountains

practise on the mountains is my suggestion, once you can get through them quite well then you can possibly drift anywhere ;)

Tantalus is apparently the hardest mountain range, but i fin the 22 miles mountain stretch at the top of the map to be more challenging

16. XxZanza LabzxX

Oh, okay, I'll give it a shot, message me when you're finished on Rainbow six and you can come show me how to drift (If you want) =D.

17. UkN0WnSCAA

UkN0WnSCAA GTP Racing

your getting better at drifting dude...yea you did crash into some buildings and yes you did hit a hill that sent you into some random yard but your getting better

18. XxZanza LabzxX

LOOOOL ^^
    That was funny stuff =]
    Remember that house with the tennis court Haha!

19. Nipper

Neeson, sorry bout not teaching you the other night, was in the process of making a Video with a few guys (i will post as soon as i get permission)

tonight at some point will be ok i think

20. XxZanza LabzxX

Lol it's no problem mate :)

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!