1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDU2 Test Drive Unlimited 2 Strange Glitch

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by MobiusQuiza, Jul 3, 2017.

1. MobiusQuiza

MobiusQuiza Rookie

Hello there,

Recently I bought on Steam Test Drive Unlimited 2, since I like free roaming racing games. Knowing that the PC port have serious issues, I downloaded the TDU2 Unpacker v0.4, Unofficial Patch v0.4 and the Serenity Car Pack V1.73, and installed them in this order. So far the game was running with no issues, until I entered some of the car dealers and I encountered this issue that is kinda annoying:

Some cars of some dealerships have glitched rims, like those in the following Screenshots

Test Drive Unlimited 2 02_07_2017 21_31_29.jpg
    Test Drive Unlimited 2 02_07_2017 21_33_04.jpg
    Test Drive Unlimited 2 02_07_2017 21_35_25.jpg

I have no idea why this glitch occurs, and I searched everywhere, but with no sucess. I even searched videos of people using the Serenity car Pack 1.73, and those same cars the rims were normal, anyone have an idea on how I can solve this? Not that I want those cars(maybe the 300C and the Camaro), but part of me don't like to see a car beauty ruined like that :sad:

Thank You

#1 MobiusQuiza, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited by Diablo: Apr 13, 2018
  2. Sm0kiT

Sm0kiT Active Member

I'm pretty sure this has to do with the build you are using. Do you have the latest DLCs & updates installed? Your version should be: "TDU2 DLC2 v034".

3. MobiusQuiza

MobiusQuiza Rookie

Yes, i'm using that version(TDU2 DLC2 v034).

4. Dextcloud

Dextcloud Active Member

Maybe something is missing in your installation folder.

5. Sm0kiT

Sm0kiT Active Member

Are you using the TDU2 Universal Launcher? Do you also have the "pink skidmarks" bug? And btw are you using a mod manager (like JSGME) for easy installing/uninstalling of mods?

6. MobiusQuiza

MobiusQuiza Rookie

Answering the question in order:

1: Yes, i'm using the Universal Launcher, since a lot of PC TDU2 recommend using it;

2: Strangely, no, I thought this bug would happen after installing the patches, but it never happened, mmm...

3: Hmm, never thought this game had one, i'll take a look, see if solves the issue.

EDIT: Found the problem, I was missing a lot of files, like the wheel files, but also some cars, the ones I was missing was the BAC Mono and Nissan GTR R-34, i'm downloading to see if fixes all the issues.

EDIT2: Reinstalled Unofficial patch from this site and it fixed everything, I guess the .exe file I had was glitched or something, thanks for your help! :)

#6 MobiusQuiza, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited by MobiusQuiza: Jul 4, 2017
  7. Sm0kiT

Sm0kiT Active Member

No problem. Glad to hear it's working again. JSGME is an universal mod manager for pretty much every game - I can really recommend using it (or something similar).

8. Belle109

Belle109 Rookie

Hi there im having the exact same issue with you. I have re installed the unofficial parch again and the serenity pack but still the wheels are still in blue. Do i need to install the 0.1 patch for retail as well? Cause i have unpacked and directly install the v 0.4 to the unpacked directory. Im using the steam version btw. Any solutions?