1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tduck PC Benchmarking Thead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryzza5, Mar 30, 2015.

1. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

[​IMG]

Nothing's different but it's slightly better? :hmmm:

2. Andreas¹

Andreas¹ Crazy Duck

The points differ by 0.54%, it's virtually exactly the same. :p

Are there any good free CPU benchmarks out there?

3. BAk99

BAk99 Square Sausage FTW!

Passmark for all round stress test, MAXON | Cinebench CPU Processing or 3D Mark Demo for Gaming Performance.

Fire Strike Extreme
    3D Marks detailed results are incredible to be fair. Click Show Results at the top to get a break down. That would be my recommendation really.

#23 BAk99, May 5, 2016
    Last edited by BAk99: May 5, 2016
  4. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

5. Andreas¹

Andreas¹ Crazy Duck

[​IMG]
    I'm really confuseed now. If this is a graphics benchmark your 970 should beat my 780. :susp: We have different CPUs but they run at the same speed, could Windows 8 nerf the benchmark maybe?

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Windows 10 was the same.. My 970 is overclocked too... Now I'm worried :(

7. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

search for other 970 scores...

new x70 usually matches the previous gen x80 as far as I can tell anyway. The 1070 is similar to the 980 isn't it?

8. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

From searching through other benchmarks it looks like it's a CPU thing, which makes this a pretty stupid graphics benchmarking tool :p

You should OC your CPU Andai :nods:

9. Andreas¹

Andreas¹ Crazy Duck

When there's not been such a big change in manufacturing as a node shrink, yes. The 1070 beats the 980 by almost 40% and performs virtually the same as the Titan X.
    That shouldn't be possible. We have CPUs from the same generation clocked at the same speed. There should be no difference in IPC and certainly not a 10% difference in raw performance from one chip to another. :susp: Maybe it's RAM related if you have slow RAM? But then again, I do too...
    I know, but I'm going to change out the i5 for the i7 I got next week anyway. I'm going to try some careful overclocking of that first. :nods:

[edit:] How about a version 2 of the Benchmark thread using 3DMark Fire Strike instead? Benches your CPU and GPU both individually and combined.

#29 Andreas¹, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited by Andreas¹: Jun 11, 2016
    TIMELESS likes this.
  10. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Thanks for reminding me :sulk:

11. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Go for it andai! How much ram do you have anyway? I've only got 8gb ddr.. 3 I think.

12. Andreas¹

Andreas¹ Crazy Duck

8GB running at 1600MHz at the moment. Going to buy 16GB when I've foraged the RAM jungle.

13. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Does anyone else out there have a much newer i5 CPU with 4cores + 4 threads? Interested to compare benchmark scores in Cinebench

[​IMG]
    NB - I'm running a 4.1GHz overclock on this system, although Windows doesn't seem to report it. I'm also on Windows 10 (possibly upgraded from :cool:.

[​IMG]

New Ryzen 7 CPU's have been sighted with mutilthreaded scores over 1800 (which is perhaps apt given the product name) - this is of course only good for software that is coded well for multithreaded loads (such as video editing/rendering, and perhaps future video games that join the bandwagon).

#33 Ryzza5, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited by Ryzza5: Mar 25, 2017
  14. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Here i5 6600K 3.5Ghz not overclocked at all

[​IMG]

15. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

I thought I was the only crazy person here who spent $400 on Windows 7 Ultimate :lol:

Thanks mate

16. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

[​IMG]

It's getting old now I guess but still scored better on single core than most, including i7s :hmmm: I'm also not on Windows 8, but Windows 10.

17. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

No problem, got me curious never done any benchmark since ive build this PC

I didnt expect that much of a difference to be honest

18. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

stumbled across this image, not sure if it's useful to anyone

[​IMG]