1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDU2 SVR Release

Discussion in 'TDU2 - Mod Tools & Support' started by binbow, Apr 9, 2018.

1. binbow

binbow Well-Known Member

I created a tool to change the volume of the sound described in CarVSTConfig.xmb. Please try using it.

Download link : TDU2_SVR_ver1.0.0.0.zip

Install:
    - Please save the file generated after extract zip file in a suitable folder.
    Usage:
    - Fill in the file name in the "Target ..." field
    - When you click the folder shape icon, the file selection dialog is displayed. You can also enter a file name by D & D a file.
    - Either "CarVSTConfig.xmb" or the sound file "xxx_high.bnk" can be read. Note: Reading the sound file xxx_high.bnk may take some time as compared to reading the xmb file.
    - After changing the value of the element, click the "Save" button to save the value.
    - After saving, "HH-mm-ss_MMM-dd-yyyy_file name" file is created as backup.

Thank:
    The information of this post was very helpful. I thank the contributor.

2018-04-09.png

#1 binbow, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited by binbow: Apr 10, 2018
    Reason: To add an acknowledgment
    Dextcloud, MagicV8, Minime891 and 3 others like this.
  2. MichaelB450

MichaelB450 Retired sound mod maker...

Okay, this is a great idea! Good job!

This will for sure make sound modding much easier than using a Hex Editor.

#2 MichaelB450, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited by MichaelB450: Apr 9, 2018
    binbow likes this.
  3. Minime891

What would be useful too is if you could be able to change the max rpm, cross over rpm for each sample etc.

4. binbow

binbow Well-Known Member

The setting of the max rpm etc are grasped a little about a specific vehicle. However, I have not been able to generalize them so that can edit all vehicles. In order to handle these values with the tool, the structure of the data must be generalized. I will continue to analyze and expand this tool.

Minime891 likes this.
  5. MagicV8

MagicV8 Well-Known Member

Great thing, binbow :)
    I would love to have such a tool for TDU1 to reduce the environment sound (wind, traffic, ...) while driving.
    The ingame options don't work for me. :(

6. Minime891

Okay, i edited the value for the max rpm the sound should reach but it wasn't just one instance of the value it was a few.
    No idea why i'm even writing that as it in no way helps you. :D Anyway good luck, maybe Djey could help as i vaguely remember he looked into it.

7. Dextcloud

Dextcloud Active Member

Very good idea ! :)
    I'm going to test it !
    Thank you Binbow !

#7 Dextcloud, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited by Dextcloud: Apr 10, 2018
    binbow likes this.
  8. Ramon1991cobra

Ramon1991cobra Active Member

Thank you very much for this tool, I tested it and it worked :tup:

binbow likes this.