1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDU Mega Pack for PC? (from: tdu.fr)

Discussion in 'TDU1 - PC' started by Diablo, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Looking around at the modding scene for TDU PC I came across the main TDU Community site in France and noticed something interesting on the front page. Now note as is said on the article itself that nothing is confirmed or set in stone but it is the first fairly official hearing we have had about packs for TDU PC.

Don't get too excited as I have said as it would be better to doubt and be pleasantly surprised rather than hyped up and become disappointed. :D

Take this with a grain of salt. And if anyone can properly translate incase google has embelished somewhat, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. eleKtro

eleKtro Contain Your Orgasms

This is crap,

What about servers? How long can we still drive on the roads sunny?

-- Servers psp / ps2: Evaluating the cost versus the number of players
    -- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping servers or service reductions planned for the moment

If they do plan on shutting down servers, they should release a sort of mod for LAN play. Or something.

3. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Not really, I mean think about it, if your mates asked you if you were doing anything in October you might say; "well I got nothing planned at the moment" but of course that is subject to change so essentially what this person is saying is 'not right now but should circumstances change'.

It's your typical response to future related questions.

4. ShadowGT

ShadowGT I <3 Boobies!

I bet this Megapack wont be free if its released. (although Hackers could probably get around that)

5. Iced_Bullet

Iced_Bullet Cheese=Milk's Death Route

If it encorporates all the cars, then I would imagine it would be sold via retailers ... which would be better for Atari, as more people would go out and buy it, rather than download it illegally.

6. ShadowGT

ShadowGT I <3 Boobies!

Well i personally feel Atari owe us PC gamers for all the bugs & bad connections we've had to put up with. Atari could win over alot of hearts by releasing them all for free in a patch.

7. kalniel

kalniel New Member

They've got no plans to stop the service.. what are you complaining about?! Would you rather they said they did have plans to stop the service? :p

Back to the article, I don't understand why they would not identify their source - they left it as a generic 'atari france' when if it was reliable they should have said which spokesperson they are quoting.

I don't feel Atari *owe* us anything - we've had a great game that has far less bugs than a lot of other games and has provided us with tons more gameplay than a lot of other games too. But I wouldn't say no to more cars! Though I wouldn't be willing to pay much for the privaledge.

8. RB26DETT

RB26DETT Banned

I would. :p

9. hesonly5

hesonly5 Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Saw this t'other day, forgot to post it :eek:

Even so, that's all the supposed 'official' information has ever said. 'We are planning to do it, but we don't know when.'

Having said that, if it's only pending legal validation in the US it's in it's final steps before being released?

10. kalniel

kalniel New Member

Hehe.

I've produced my own translation below - it doesn't really differ in any key way though:

As some of you know, I re-established contact with Atari or Infogrammes whichever you like (it doesn’t matter in the end)

So I asked Atari France about two points which we’re all concerned with a bit. They don't have the necessary information, it is at Atari Europe that the answers were to be found.

Here's what came out:

Can we expect a car pack on PC?

-- TDU megapack PC (incorporating most of the XBOX 360 car packs): still under way, but pending legal validation by the US brands.

What about servers? How long can we still drive on the sunny roads?

-- Servers psp / ps2: Evaluating the cost versus the number of players
    -- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping of the servers or service reductions planned for the moment.

Caution, nothing is official yet, so anything that is said here is not contractual.

I will be informed of upcoming events. See you soon for the next news I hope!

11. kalniel

kalniel New Member

Not at all unfortunately. It could be that without legal validation they can't even start. Note it's not pending before release, it's just pending full stop. Infact it's 'but pending' which suggests it's getting in the way of the 'still under way' process.

Does anyone else think it might be a re-release of TDU+extra cars?

#11 kalniel, Feb 27, 2008
    Last edited by kalniel: Feb 27, 2008
  12. hesonly5

hesonly5 Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Oh. Meh :rolleyes:

13. RB26DETT

RB26DETT Banned

like a repackaged version with the new cars included already? i hope not because that'll mean buying the game again like what some music artists do. i hope a booster pack or something a long the line would come out with the extra content.

14. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Completely agree mate hence why I am saying not to believe too much into it as you may end up disappointed if it does turn out to not be true or never happen. However any news or rumours are better than nothing especially with this subject. ;)

15. kalniel

kalniel New Member

Yes exactly that. It might be the only secure way of distributing new content on the PC.

16. zo6dude

zo6dude Like My Tail Lights?

i agree

17. The Queen

The Queen <3 Ferrari F50

Sounds good. I hope they do do it. I would probably buy a version with new cars even if it's the same price as TDU was when I bought it. The "fun" is worth the money ;)

18. Mb

Mb The Photographer

If it's less then 10 euro ill get it lol.

19. Andreas¹

Andreas¹ Crazy Duck

If it's less than 150SEK I would (!) get it :D I just hope that you don't have to buy and complete the whole game one more time

20. zo6dude

zo6dude Like My Tail Lights?

as shadow and i said they owe as big time and if they do charge money then it should be cheap at least