1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Crew 2 TC2 Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by Ryzza5, May 18, 2018.

1. Ryzza5 Notable Member

So, erm, there are a bunch of videos up now, and it looks like houses are a thing

Feel free to share & discuss other learnings. As a chillax gamepad muck around title I think it should be fun with friends. I wouldn't be rushing to break out the wheel for it though, especially with planes and boats.

TIMELESS likes this.
  2. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

The graphics looks really nice and overall the game looks like fun. The only thing I ask for physics-wise is that they are consistent and predictable. That was a big weakness in TC1.

3. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Its a lot better than on TC1, not FH3 level maybe but its enjoyable, the beta supposedly should start this week

4. DonnieBrasco

DonnieBrasco Ohana Cruiseanostra

Graphically the game generally looks better than TC1 and it runs smoother on my system than it's predecessor. Unfortunately i can't say more about it at this moment (due to NDA-reasons). But from what i saw so far it looks more "unpersonal" (if i can say so). Every city looks nearly the same and most of the unique seights got vanished.

I'm also a little bit worried about how much content we will have at release. The released videos do not show more than i already know and the beta will be cut short by a lock to the first famelevel, which shows that it will be basically just a stresstest for the servers and not a profound preview to the final game. So for the final overview what's in the game we will have to wait until the end of june when the game is finally released.

From what i saw so far the game has it's enhancements compared to TC1 but also it's degradations - the white map, no odometer, no teleport everywhere, no tuners where you can buy performanceparts (at least i didn't saw them so far, just how you earn them by grinding), too tiny roads for smooth cruising or even fast racing. (I only hope that our feedback we gave during the tech-tests and the meeting with the devs in Lyon will produce at least some fruits. Until now i do not see anything we discussed there.)

Also there seem to be no red line in the story (if you can even call it a story). I fear the same issue i had in Forza Horizon 3. There i finished the showcases within 2 weeks without even touching 99% of the races, went up to level 500 and had about 400 cars after 4 weeks, which ended up in pretty soon boredom. Since then i only "worked" my way up to legendary painter to be able to sell rare cars for ridiculous prices and to collect enough money to buy all cars, but now i don't do more than driving the Goliath-race every now and then. I hope it wont be that way here.

Overall The Crew 2 looks to me like a clone of Forza Horizon and GTA and has nothing to do anymore with the original idea of The Crew, which is a little bit sad. Don't get me wrong, i already pre-ordered the "Motor Edition" when it came out, because this game will probably be the next meetingplace for my club, but i'm not that much excited about it as i like to be.

I will definitely drive the cars and boats with my wheel. The planestuff i will finish as soon as possible with a pad, just to get over it, as i'm not interested at all in them.

btw The beta starts on may 31st (and ends on june 4th).

#4 DonnieBrasco, May 21, 2018 at 7:11 PM
    Last edited by DonnieBrasco: May 22, 2018 at 7:35 AM
    Reason: correct some orthography mistakes
  5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Interesting take there, you've got me curious. I only tried it with a pad and was fairly happy with it. That said I haven't broken out the wheel for anything in ages, just don't play that seriously any more.

Up north heading out of Seattle it seemed that the nice twisty snowy roads have been replaced with ones with light turns and not much elevation (until you get a lot closer to Mt. Rushmore). But then the other day I saw a video with snow in LA, so maybe it's dynamic now? I hope they do add an option for the other map style (non-white) but I guess they feel the need to make things different for the sake of them being different. (You can still zoom into the map to view cars driving around).

I like how all kinds of vehicles have been added, not just cars, motorbikes, boats, planes but also things like a hovercraft and helicopter, there's probably an ATV (quad bike) as well. I wonder if anyone has suggested being able to quick-change to a motorbike?

Anyway I've been playing a bit of TC1 recently to unlock all those 18 extra cars in the sequel (knowing how expensive cars were in-game in the former title). Figured I'd visit all of the remaining landmarks and wreck parts while I was at it.

6. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

I much prefer this game design, the first one didn't make any sense imo.
    I think I'll still get this game eventually even though physics and wheel support are probably 99% the same.