1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for the released mods search

Discussion in 'Give us your feedback' started by Jorgemodek, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Jorgemodek

Jorgemodek Sound

Hey ,

theres tons of pages inside the released car mods ... wich some of them have really good mods but the majority becomed forgotten becuase usually people only search till the 3rd page

why not to create a car brand section and split the mods inside each car brand properly

like ferrari f40 inside ferrari brand
    porsche 911 inside porshe brand
    Etc.

just a sugestion for a better organazation of the forum

2. Andreas¹

Andreas¹ Crazy Duck

Moved this to the suggestion forum. You know, for better organization of the forum. :cheeky:

On a more serious note, I don't agree. You can search the forum in multiple ways already, and if that doesn't work you can use Google. Not to mention the fact that we have a mountain of subforums already, sometimes even I find it hard to navigate.

3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Or you can finish off my abandoned index thread :p

4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

If you know how to use the Search this Forum option then these sort of things are made redundant. However as we all know many people don't realise the ease of use and goodness Search functions provide so the question really is; Is it worth sorting it out for those who can't be bothered? :hmmm:

5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

vB search is often rubbish, or at least it used to be, even when using advanced search tools, so even I barely waste my time using it.

Type site:tdu-central.com NAMEOFCAR into Google.

6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Nah if you search the Forum then select to Search Threads it works fairly well. No need to use Google either as if you click Advanced search you will be able to use the Extra Google search option there if you want too. :)

7. Xarlith

Xarlith New Member

I can't see the search option anymore :eek:ook:. And if there is no Index thread or something like that I doubt people will find the mod they search for if the only place where all old threads are kept is the archive...
    You should do something about it. Make a place where all mods and links to threads are kept, or make that old threads don't disappear in Mod Releases section.

Less important - please make the forum compatible with Tapatalk.

Diablo likes this.
  8. Andreas¹

Andreas¹ Crazy Duck

It seems to have gone missing, yes. :hmmm:
    There is no "archive" and no threads are disappearing, they are all still there where they always were.

9. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

The 'Search' can be found at the top or if you want to search with more advanced functions then just click the green 'magnifying glass' icon to goto the Search Page where you can use either the forum search or Google. The old threads are still there they just don't show by default as the forum display option is set for the last year which can be changed either via your 'User CP' or with the options at the bottom of the threadslist.

Regarding Tapatalk, I'll look into installing the latest version next week.

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!