1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimBin's GTR 3 Coming in 2018

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by The Compensator, Feb 2, 2017.

1. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

Diablo likes this.
  2. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

I almost understand what he's trying to say, I agree about the difference in gamer on both platforms, but i'm not sure exactly what solution to this gap he's found or trying to insinuate GTR 3 will be. It's basically just rambling imo. What solution has he found?
  3. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Just give everyone the options to set it as they want!! Seriously can it be that hard to allow people to dumb it down a bit if they want to and then in multiplayer have an option to select lobbies with at least that sort of handling mode? Am I crazy for thinking this!!?!?! :derp:

BTW we've known GTR 3 has been coming since that trailer for Xbox 360 back in ermm.... 2011.

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Northern Ireland, UK
    So happy to see this. where have Simbin been?! GTR was pretty amazing in its day, hopefully this will live up to its predecessors too. Either way it's nice to see another title in the racing game genre.

@Diablo completely agree. And it is as simple as that. You run the game, you're presented with a simple screen that asks "What type of player are you?" Casual/Hardcore. That's your base, from there you can choose driving aids/AI difficulty. Simple, no?
  5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Good news, albeit really confusing. I remember excitedly picking up GTR Evolution back in the day expecting that to be GTR3, when instead it was an expansion pack to Race 07, which required Steam and a re-download of the game back when we probably had <10GB of download quotas per month. I really hated Steam then.

GTR2 and 3 are technically both made by SimBin in much the same way that TDU1 and 2 were both made by Eden Games. We know that when TDU2 was in development work had already started on the Crew. Most of the GTL, GTR, & GTR2 developers have ended up at you know where.

All that aside I'm still looking forward to trying this as I know RaceRoom does have a well respected physics model but that I don't have time for their F2P/DLC model and reportedly bad netcode. I'm sure I've also read that these guys are working on a competitor service to iRacing as well which will be interesting.

Hardcore Realistic physics can work equally well for hardcore and casual players alike, as long as the cars are controllable on both gamepad and wheel (although there are 2 distinct types of gamepad players - ones who tap and ones who hold the steering inputs). Difficulty can be assigned to the AI only.
  • About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!