1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

saturn sky/opel ?/vauxhall ? at the nurburgring

Discussion in 'TDU1 - General' started by Lotus_God, May 8, 2007.

1. Lotus_God i am as above

so its over on the continent then ?

Attached Files:

2. Rollin in an STi

Rollin in an STi Subie Owner

that i believe is the Opel. from a distance, the emblem looks like Opel. in another thread, i mentioned when they released the Opel GT (@ an auto show) the badging looks almost IDENTICAL to the Saturn Sky, compared to the production badge in the grille)
    [​IMG]
    (concept's upper grille)
    [​IMG]
    (production's upper grille)
    [​IMG]
    Here's the Saturn Sky's front

3. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

yeh its like the vauxhall turbo thinymagigi as well, i saw this last month on topgear and posted it on the atari forums

4. The Queen

The Queen <3 Ferrari F50

That actually looks pretty cool. Is it going or is it IN production? ;)

5. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

Its an Opel. It is in production only in Europe as an Opel or in the U.S. as a Saturn. From what i remember reading in TG mag they have no plans to bring it to the U.K. and put a Vauxhall badge on it. Which is good as putting a vauxhall badge on a car ruins it.

6. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

if it was made by general motors in the 1st place it was ruined

7. The Queen

The Queen <3 Ferrari F50

It does indeed ruin the car^^. Thats a shame though because it's very unlikely i will ever see one on the road :(

8. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

In the past week i have seen Two of the old shape VX220 (opel GT) which was basically a lotus elise with a new shell.

Does anyone know if this new one is a lotus elise with a new shell on it or a complete new car?

9. Lotus_God

Lotus_God i am as above

no! definitely not , as a lotus elise owner we get all the info from lotus sent to us through ownders clubs and never heard of that .
    also lotus wouldnt make a car like that too heavey !

10. Rollin in an STi

Rollin in an STi Subie Owner

i agree. i looked @ specs for the Slostice/Sky @ saturn, and Pontiac's website, and those things weigh as almost as much as my 2003 WRX!!! :eek:mg: And its a roadster!!

11. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

12. Lotus_God

Lotus_God i am as above

YES , the vx220 was designed on the lotus "award winning" chassis and designed by lotus .
    it was built in the lotus factory which as a lotus owner i got to have a tour of , and was told about the vx220

it was heavier ofcourse , less good looking , and a worse car than the lotus

many people just say its the " Tesco value lotus"