1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

Discussion in 'Automotive Discussion' started by Microphone, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Jaguar have put a 600ps 5.0 Litre V8 into it's smallest car, the XE :eek:

The XE SV Project 8:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    images from www.jalopnik.com

Wide-body kit, quad exhausts, rear wing (hopefully optional). This is the most powerful production jag ever, even more powerful than the F-Type SVR and XJ220 :eek: It's being properly unveiled at Goodwood very soon.

#1381 Microphone, May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2018 at 10:09 PM
  2. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

One off Rolls Royce here, commissioned a long time ago so has been a long time in the making. Yes, it isn't to everyone's tastes but I imagine the person who commissioned it will be rather happy with hit, the craftsmanship looks stunning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    images from Autocar | Car News and Car Reviews

The buyer was offered the choice of having bespoke wheels, but he opted for the more standard rims as he wanted it to look as OEM as possible, even though it is OEM anyway haha

Rolls have gone as far to say they think it is most probably the most expensive 'new' car ever purchased.

TIMELESS likes this.
  3. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

The ass and roof is just incredible. The front looks like a TV.

4. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Microsoft have just revealed the new 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS, the most powerful 911 ever created, they got the exclusive reveal as it will be the cover car for the new Forza Motorsport 7 game, not quite a car worthy of a cover imo as much as I love 911s, but that's not a debate for this thread. All we know is it has 640hp and is RWD.

[​IMG]
    image from http://www.jalopnik.com

100 more hp than the Turbo and 60 more hp than the Turbo S, that's pretty decent, especially considering this is RWD, sounds like it still deserves to be nicknamed the widow-maker haha

#1384 Microphone, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  5. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

6. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I would not hesitate to buy that :drool:

7. mau92

mau92 Well-Known Member

That looks absolutely bonkers. But 200k dollars for a Jag XE? Hmmmm it better rips your face off when accelerating :p

8. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

The BMW M4 GTS was £120k and I imagine that's why Jag has decided to do this, this XE is quicker to 60 and has a higher top speed and is limited to 300 examples compared to the 700 for the GTS, I doubt it'll be quicker around a track but I can kinda see where they're coming from with this.

At the end of the day it isn't worth £150k to most people, but if they find 300 people who'll pay that, and it does seem as if they have/will, then they were right to price it that high.

9. hassan1995

There's no doubt they'll find 300 people willing to buy it.

10. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

If it's in limited numbers it will sell. The track toy market is pretty active and chances of selling are even better if the car can be used on the road on those rare occasions the owner wants to do so.

11. mau92

mau92 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they are all sold out. Most people buy it because they want and can. If I had the money, of course I'd buy it and park it next to my M4 GTS... The most similar thing I can do is park my Fiesta next to an MGF Roadster or a Porsche Boxster on the parking lot =(

12. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

This really caught my eye yesterday, it's not as if Infiniti have a long history, they weren't around when these cars were being produced, but ignoring that this concept is stunning and I hope they make a few non-road legal models for people to collect:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    images from Auto Express | New and Used Car Reviews, News Advice

It has an electric 148bhp powertrain, which is decent considering the size and weight of the thing. It'll be formally unveiled at Pebble Beach.

Rassva and Diablo like this.
  13. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

That is a thing of beauty. So sleek and incredibly styled. :photo:

14. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Although I doubt they'd actually race them due to safety concerns, it'd be amazing if other manufacturers made a similar vehicle and tried to put their own corporate branding stamp on the fairly minimalist design like Infiniti have done.

2017 Mercedes Silver Arrow version pretty pretty please.

15. Rassva

Rassva Lannister

That is so darn beautiful

16. hassan1995

It's absolutely stunning :drool:

17. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

I really either want to see this grille design used on their future models, or see Rolls-Royce take inspiration from it for their next gen of cars. It's so beautifully elegant.

18. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Not sure RR should move away from the grille design they currently have, it's iconic. The next Phantom has a larger grille:

[​IMG]

19. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

It's more of the same though, more an evolution than a next. I just really like the way the Infiniti's is like a graceful wave.

20. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Which makes sense really, they've always been slow/glacial at updating the RR line due to the price of the vehicles, you don't want to pay upwards of half a million pounds on what is supposedly the pinnacle of automotive engineering, for your purchase to then be out of date the week after.

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!