1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richard Hammond has another crash.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baldy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Baldy Wibble Wobble

Top Gear host has another crash

[​IMG] Hammond suffered serious brain injuries in last year's crash

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond was involved in another car accident at the weekend - less than a year after nearly losing his life in a 288mph crash.
    The 37-year-old skidded off the track during a 24-hour Le Mans-style race at Silverstone on Saturday, the BBC said.
    The host was not injured and continued the race once his vehicle - a BMW 330 DTi Sport - was repaired.
    "During the race, at night, Richard was driving and another car shunted him off the track," said a BBC spokesman.
    "Richard wasn't hurt at all but the car was damaged. It was taken back to the pits and repaired before Richard carried on with the race."
    Hammond and fellow presenters James May, Jeremy Clarkson and masked driver 'The Stig' had been taking turns at racing the £100,000 car.
    Complete recovery
    Last September Hammond crashed while driving a jet-powered car at speeds up to 300mph at Elvington airfield, near York.
    He was airlifted to hospital where he was treated for swelling to the brain and bruising, but eventually made a complete recovery.
    The Health and Safety Executive identified failings by the BBC over the crash but found no grounds for prosecution.
    Hammond has since taken part in another high-speed stunt for the BBC show, driving a Bugatti Veyron as it raced a Typhoon fighter jet at RAF Coningsby, Lincolnshire.
    A BBC spokesman said this weekend's incident was not comparable to last year's accident. The race, he said, was "a public event any amateur could enter". "Normal safety procedures were in place," he added.

2. Speed

Speed Can You Feel It?

Good to know he's Ok :) I look forward to the return of Top Gear to our screens.

3. Nige

Nige Buy American ....

How weird I only read this earlier on the BBC website !

4. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

Llol, I heard about this on Radio 1s newsbeat this morning glad he's ok, I bet Clarkson will rip into him about it though

5. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

Hahah I heard it at the same place so thought i'd put it up, lol