1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommend me a mic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diablo, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I currently have a onmidirectional mic, which picks up all sound from all direction

looking for a microphone that doesn't pick up my cherry MX keyboard sound, use for video call and in game communication

customize-able multi directional mic and dynamic mic, all the options are getting me confused

2. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Is this overkill? If it helps it looks like you can also use it to beat people with :mhmm:

Tbh microphones are bloody confusing. You have dynamic, condenser, directional, etc, etc, etc. Maybe best to look for headsets that won't pick up background noise or are active noise cancelling?

3. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

holy that looks like a weapon, I already use high end headphone (HD800),
    thinking best to get a uni-directional chip on, I have been recommended antlion mod mic

4. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Yeah, the wee clip-on ones, even the really cheap ones, do a good job. I got one dirt cheap from Amazon a while back for something and the only real issue it had was that it struggled with really loud noises... but it was like £5 or maybe less.

5. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

yea, the thing is I already have a blue yeti condenser, which does too damn good of a job on picking everything that vibrates

6. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member
    tduck team

I don't have much experience with home/studio mics but I was surprised at how well my new noise cancelling headphones replace the sound of my keyboard with silence, so the suggestion above pertaining to microphones with noise cancellation features may be worth looking into.

I would also suggest searching YouTube for something like '2018 best gaming microphone'...
    (1) even if you are not gaming, the requirements will be similar - good voice quality, doesn't pick up unwanted noises
    (2) YouTube videos will give you some auditory comparison on how they sound

TIMELESS likes this.