1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your favourite Car Ads/Classifieds

Discussion in 'Automotive Discussion' started by Microphone, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

'Sup :duck:

Just a thread that I think i'll probably be the one that ends up spamming :p

I spend a lot of time when bored on Autotrader/pistonheads etc looking for cool car classifieds of both rare cars and cars that have just been released and even seeing cool specced or modified common cars :duck:

Rather than spam the chatbox I think a thread is a cool idea, i'll start with this ad:

Used 2006 TVR Sagaris ALL MODELS for sale in Surrey | Pistonheads
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stunning car, stunning colour, i had a similar one on TDU that was orange too.

2. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Good choice, especially because you chose one with the exhausts pointing sideways :D

Here's one I was amazed by: a complete and running, in this case ex Hakinnen, DTM car which has been preserved and maintained by the motorsport division that entered it into racing. Reason I like such ads are because I have some weird desire for owning such racecars, like a DTM car or a NASCAR, remove all decals to make it a plainbody car, and perhaps do minimal effort to make it road legal.

Bonhams: Ex-Mika Hakkinen 2005 AMG-Mercedes C-Class DTM

And a more recent one: EB110 GT!!!!! It was my first 1/18 miniature, the classic blue EB110 GT with non-deployed rear wing (Bburago made it). One of the last beasts before everything got computerized.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RobikV3 likes this.
  3. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

#3 The Compensator, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by The Compensator: Jan 10, 2015
  4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

5. MrLolololXD

MrLolololXD Resident Supra Owner

This is the F1 sculpture we did at my work!

In these pics with the bright flash used you can see just how transparent the fluro colour really is, we told the guy that it won't show up in pics the best, but he wanted it painted in a fluro. Fluro colours also fade really quickly, especially if exposed to sun or fluro lighting. It looks really good in person as the paint isn't transparent unless you have it under extremely bright conditions, but the finish won't last long, it'll probably start to fade within the next 6-8 months unless it's kept in a dark place most of the time.

Ferrari 248 F1 Sculpture | Paris 2015 | RM AUCTIONS

Capture.JPG

dfg.JPG

fghj.JPG

ghjk.JPG

jklo.JPG

#5 MrLolololXD, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by Diablo: Apr 13, 2018
  6. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

That's awesome :eek:

And so's this one... out of reach but damn..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mercedes E280 CDI

Reasons it caught my attention:
    - imo it looks brilliant! Black, with the sportspackage with sports wheels, the correct type of wood inside.... yeah!
    - has a lot of options! Seat heating, seat cooling, electric rear blinds, powerclosing trunklid, panoramic roof, leather upholstery, folding mirrors, memory seats, COMAND (board computer and nav and nice big screen).

7. The Compensator

Nice spec indeed, I like sport pack W/S211's, but 220k is a lot...

8. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Well, in Holland the only reason to buy diesel is if you have to haul a lot, or if you drive a lot. Under roughly 20.000 to 25.000 km, a petrol car is cheaper to run and own over a year than an equally dieselpowered car.

For that specific car, 222.222 km translates to just under 28.000 a year. When I worked for Spyker I drove over 43.000 a year. I don't find it shocking. And mileage doesn't say éverything about a car.

9. The Compensator

Fair enough, though. I just have a feeling that it would die after a few thousands given it's a W211.

10. joe_alker

joe_alker Alkerholic

#10 joe_alker, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by Diablo: Apr 13, 2018
    CLR-GTR and Microphone like this.
  11. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

:D

[​IMG]

Koenigsegg CCXR

Its been for sale for quite a while now i think its waiting for me :nuts:

#11 RobikV3, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by RobikV3: Jan 16, 2015
    CLR-GTR likes this.
  12. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

I quite like it, though not the interior color... Perhaps get it reupholstered. Outside looks good though, nice wheels too.

13. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

14. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

15. Camel

Camel New Member

Why is that car bleeding? :(

Staying on topic. I do still find myself occasionally looking through Mini car ads and always love seeing these pop up. Mini Minis. :)

[​IMG]

Classic mini shorty | eBay

16. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

To compensate for the Countryman xD

17. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

18. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I've never been sure how I actually feel about the Z8. It is a pretty looking car but I don't know if I like it or not still. :lol:

19. iNotACactus

iNotACactus New Member

The way I see it, it's cooler looking than the Mercedes SL from the same time period, and you can choose between a softtop or hardtop. Only downside is the important gauges being in the middle.