1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post One Random Automotive Picture Per Day

Discussion in 'Automotive Discussion' started by iLLGT3, May 4, 2011.

1. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

2. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

3. The Compensator

4. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Second favourite Skyline the 400R

[​IMG]

5. The Compensator

6. The Compensator

7. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

8. The Compensator

What we see here is the lack of orange peel.

I could make a similar photo if the paint on my car would not have more orange peel than an actual orange. Here is a bit blurry photo, but the difference between a €45k and €250k paint is clearly visible.

Although, it has to be said that not all expensive cars come with a perfect paint out of the factory and dealers' PDIs make things even worse.

[​IMG]

9. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Yup you can quite easily identify where the difference is. I wonder if there is a real difference among car companies as to paint quality etc, Whether a A6/E/5 series all have the same quality or whether there are cars out there in that price bracket who have really high quality paint but the company doesn't get much credit for it? :shrug:

10. The Compensator

Out of the D3, BMW is usually the worst. BMW has this $10,842 silver paint and orange peel is still present. It's all because modern automotive paints are water-based and it is the process that causes it AND the lack of quality control and finishing stages. and and and

Rolls can "afford" to do it (and so do the customers), but mainstream manufacturers probably not. There are obviously differences, one might have softer paint with less orange peel than the other, and there might be differences within the manufacturer's range or even model years, but generally speaking, orange peel is everywhere. The AMG GT I have seen at the dealer this year was pretty good, other AMGs there not that much.

[​IMG]

11. The Compensator

12. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

I might be blind or Its the fact Im looking at those paint pics on phone, either way I dont see a problem there

13. TDUFREAK500

TDUFREAK500 Rotary <3

There is definitely something wrong with the paint, should look like a mirror not the skin of an orange. Compare Myk's post to Compensator's second post, then you will see how bad the paint on the BMW is.

14. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Oh now I see it once i saw it large on PC not the phone yeah thats pretty bad...

Do You guys like concept cars as much as I do? The what if... Cars??

[​IMG]

#2454 RobikV3, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited by RobikV3: Nov 21, 2016
  15. The Compensator

No, not really, because the coolest concepts almost never go into production.

This one is going into production, though. :drool2:

[​IMG]

16. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Meh, not really a fan of it

17. Loek

Loek Alleged estate fetishist

Mazda says hi :)
    [​IMG]

18. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

19. Stories

Stories New Member

[​IMG]

Le Mans Classic bar opened every 2 years

#2459 Stories, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited by Stories: Dec 18, 2016
  20. Stories

Stories New Member

[​IMG]

"1 km de route équipée fournit l’équivalent de la consommation de l’éclairage public d’une ville de 5 000 habitants"

"
    1 km of equipped road provides the equivalent of the consumption of street lighting of a city of 5,000 inhabitants"

http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2016/12/21/en-normandie-une-route-solaire-au-banc-d-essai_5052352_3244.html :nods: