1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Sport Porsche Officially Confirmed For Gran Turismo Sport!

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by tduck, Apr 12, 2017.

1. tduck

tduck Duck Tales!

[​IMG]

After damn near 20 years, Porsche is finally making its official appearance in Gran Turismo. The iconic brand has been sorely missed from the racing titan except for a hidden away attempt back in the GT3 days, where Kazunori Yamauchi tried to get his own 996 GT3 into the game, but unfortunately had to suffer the disappointment of not being...

Read more on this...

#1 tduck, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018 at 10:35 PM
  2. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

My goodness the visual quality of these things in this game are going to be unreal! It's crazy it has taken this long for Porsche to come to what is probably the best known of all the racing games.

3. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

EA exclusive license. It has ended recently. :lol:

4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

I would have titled this thread "Gran Turismo Sport Does Porsche. You guys knew that, right?" :nods:

5. tduck

tduck Duck Tales!

First Official Footage Of Porsche In Gran Turismo Sport Released

[​IMG]

Polyphony Digital have released the first official gameplay footage of Porsche in Gran Turismo Sport, and as you would expect, it looks unbelievably good. It is crazy to think that despite the series being almost 20 years old, this is the very first time Porsche has properly been seen in an official capacity in a GT game.

The footage...

Read more on this...

#5 tduck, May 2, 2017
  6. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

It's looking great :drool:

7. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

If there is one area where you can never really fault a Gran Turismo game in, it is the looks.

Rassva likes this.
  8. Rassva

Rassva Lannister

This tickles me in nice ways. About the waspy sound you've mentioned, the sound seems bad outside the car but inside it feels good to me.

9. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Yeah it's not bad inside the car but I think it needs to have a bit more bass in it.

10. Rassva

Rassva Lannister

I get what you're saying, though I'm not sure if it's "bass" that's missing, never had the chance to study how the sound affects us, but I think the whole car interior feeling might be better if the developers would include sound and vibration that is inaudible, even though we can't hear it, it would have an effect on our bodies.

11. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

When you compare the GT Sport sound to the real thing then you can see what is missing, but it is good to see they are on the right track sound wise for a change.

This might be a good video for that comparison:

#11 Diablo, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018 at 1:38 AM
  12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

[​IMG]
    :lol:

superhyper likes this.
  13. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Well you know me and coffee, so it's quite possible I do. :c:

14. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I've noticed that in some cars the interior sounds are better than the exterior and vice versa, the Gtr for example isn't all that nice from the inside but when you do into the exterior cam you get that distinctive GTR sound which I think they got spot on,

This is from playing the GT sport beta a hell of a lot over the past few weeks .

15. mau92

mau92 Well-Known Member

I think that the GT sounds are missing some trebble. Take AC sounds for example, I think they got it right on the interior, taking the engine to its redline sounds almost as pleasing as the real thing. Anyways, this GT doesn't sound vacuum like :p. Btw, I hate the RPM counter on the middle of the screen

16. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

And there was me thinking nobody here had gotten into that.

17. carlos_69

carlos_69 OMG EVO

What? GT sport Beta? how to access it?

edit: nvm found how.

#17 carlos_69, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  18. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

I really wanna get the ps4 pro for this, just waiting for the wheel support list.

19. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Quite lucky I got in.

20. tduck

tduck Duck Tales!

Gran Turismo Sport Extended Porsche Trailer Released

[​IMG]

An extended version of the trailer that announced that Porsche and Gran Turismo were finally going to officially meet, has been released. And this time we get the red car's version of events of that fateful meeting on the Nordschleife.

Lasting just over 3 minutes and devoid of any music to interfere, this new cut shows even more footage...

Read more on this...

#20 tduck, May 11, 2017
  • About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!