1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention! Phrase One completed & Scheduled Maintenance

Discussion in 'News, Support & Feedback' started by Diablo, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

you might ask: but I don't see anything different?
    This phrase is geared toward Server, DNS, SSL changes

that's right, this site is now running on my own built private server,
    you should see speed improvements
    and please don't forget to report any bug you might encounter

Phrase two would be converting forum system and bridging blog,
    that's why some downtime are expected (and I will try to keep it minimal),

the maintenance is currently scheduled for sometime between Sometime in August (subject to change)
    this is a quick update, this post is subject to change, please come back and check updates

side note: this site's database is humongous

#1 Diablo, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited by Diablo: Aug 1, 2018
    Rigel, mitkop81, Ryzza5 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Is it possible to redirect /forum.php to the new main page address? I keep getting 404's using old auto-complete URLs (yes I do know how to change that but just being thoughtful of others who may think we are under maintenance). Thanks

3. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Yes, totally possible.
    Did we have redirect before? what was the rules like
    e.g
    /forum.php ---> forum.turboduck.net/
    /forum.php?anything-xxyy ---> forum.turboduck.net/?anything-xxyy

the webserver we are currently on is nginx, which is different from previous apache2,
    so .htaccess file won't work, either way, backup process don't include . files

4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

update, if you access turboduck.net/forum.php you should see correct 404 page now

Ryzza5 likes this.
  5. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

update 2, I noticed new registration stopped at 16 of last month, checked server log seems email are not sending out,
    enabled SMTP email tested working (was originally planning to do this after system change)

also logo is not displaying, this will be fixed at phrase two.

6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

update 3, maintenance likely push to sometimes mid of this month, if you want to know exact date please come back and check this post,
    was planning to work on some testing over the July 4th holiday but I got sick

7. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

update 4, fixed blog page broken images, maintenance pushed to the end of the month due to my other projects kicked in

Milli likes this.
  8. mitkop81

mitkop81 Well-Known Member

Hello man. I see what the site is under construction now, but i want to ask are is possible for us to edit our treads readme or we need to wait finishing of the upgrade process of the site? Sorry for stupid question but i have so much corrections to add at my tread, that i start to forget them :)

9. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

all thread info will be preserved, so go ahead

10. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

update 5, fixed all broken static file references i.e images (for real this time)