1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project CARS 2 pC2 FAQ

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by Ryzza5, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-faq.html?lang=en

Some good info in here, some of which I was also unfamiliar with

Diablo likes this.
  2. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Some real nice info in there. Damage and animated pit stops sound pretty good and the whole clean racing system should make for some awesome race videos.

3. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Animated Pit Stops should be added since the first game. Because let's be honest, Gran Turismo had animated Pit Stops since Gran Turismo 4. And sadly again, the console version will look like a half-arsed version of the game with loads of less features. Such as livery "editor", and 16 players against 32 in computers.

4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

When is GT coming out on PC? :)

hassan1995 and Diablo like this.
  5. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Probably never. But that is not the point. The point is that Project Cars always seems to not really care about consoles. It is better not release at all than do a half job at it. Imo. Lol

6. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

You haven't played project cars 2 though, from what I've seen and read it looks promising.

Diablo likes this.
  7. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

I've hardly played it (Steam reckons I've got about 5 hours total over the past 2 years or however long it's been). From what I've seen in the forums, I like the push for more innovation with league-admin and broadcasting features. The few cars I've tried feel good on the gamepad (I haven't used my wheel in ages), I like the huge number of tracks, and the interface seems more polished.

With regards to consoles, it seems that the worst console in the current generation dictates what all other consoles are allowed to do in terms of opponents, etc. There is no livery editor simply because having customised liveries would mean less cars can be on the track (system memory limitations). PC doesn't have a livery editor either to be sure, it's just swapping some game files around (essentially modding). Many slower PC's would probably struggle to fill every grid place as well (slow FPS), so I think it's nice they don't limit everyone with newer PC's. That's like complaining that the console version can't do VR or triple screen imo. Of course the grid size entirely depends on the selected track and number of pit bays as well. If you select a full grid then tracks like Cadwell Park disappear (limited to 31 cars from memory).

It'll be interesting to see (1) if it releases on time, and (2) how many bugs slip through and what the public reaction is. GT Sport and FM7 will be releasing about the same time, and probably have been developed with much bigger budgets. I'm not sure if I'll pick either up in a hurry since I'm just not gaming much at all these days.

8. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

pCARS 2 appears to be adding in what they couldn't last time and improving on the aspects that people asked to be. A lack of a livery editor is annoying but it's not a make or break issue for those who want a good solid racing game. 16-car grids are plenty adequate imo and if the videos showing the AI are anything to go by, should be a challenge for most. I would rather have fun fighting for the last point than breezing to the front and blasting away from everyone that too many games suffer from.

The whole online racing ranking factor should if it works, result in some amazing times too and it is excellent to see a lot of racing games starting to include their own versions of this.

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!