1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention! Our community going forward

Discussion in 'News, Support & Feedback' started by Diablo, May 14, 2018.

1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

:hmmm: if you really want a group live chat thing I can put one up

#21 Diablo, May 14, 2018
    Last edited by Diablo: May 14, 2018
  2. MagicV8

MagicV8 Well-Known Member

At all great news ... even if I have to say, that I am no anime fan at all :p

If there will be copyright issues, mods should be stored on north korean servers, nah, just kidding. ;) :D

One special problem is, with TDU (2) mods, that most modders have left the community, but some users are still requesting the one or other mod.
    Many mods are unreachable for them, but I think, there is a number of people having a large mod base on their rig, incl. me :)
    Perhaps there would be the possebility to create a mod pool, in full respect an crediting of the modders of course.
    Modders also could get asked for their agreement to republish their mods.
    And if the original modders aren't available anymore, I don't think, that they wouldn't care today.
    The conflicts in the past about someone was stealing a mod of someone else is still present to me.
    But today, I think the situation is way more relaxed.

At the moment there are just mod sections for TDU and TDU 2.
    Perhaps it would -be possible to expand it to other games, like European Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator, and so on, to get other groups to this site. There were many great games in the past (and nowadays?) able to get modded, like GT Legends for example.

Perhaps there will be also a modding section for The Crew (2) one day, if the boyz at Xentax would be successful :whistle:

Damn, my english could be better :confused:

Sm0kiT likes this.
  3. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

Hey all, I have been taking time out to explore new avenues and also enjoying the recent bout of decent weather that's been here the last few days. And I, like many of you, was surprised to hear that the :duck: again has a new owner. However, I don't think it has been in better hands!

From what @Diablo has told me and the direct approach to the members of the community itself through this topic, I feel like, even though it's cliché to say, that the duck can really fly under their direction. Hearing that they themselves have a community that has been going on a while and also that they have proper development credentials really does bode well in many areas. As let's face it, that was an area I always scraped by in.

The site and forum did use to play nice together, with a working SSO between the previous board software and WordPress but again it was my lack of writing worth that made that start to fall by the wayside. We did have good people who contributed a piece here and there but again the drive in them was lost and was left to me, and I hate that I couldn't do it, in fact, I found it a real struggle.

And it was this that led me to upgrading to Xenforo as the benefits to the community of that outweighed the negatives for me. Even though I had to mad scientist together something that made WordPress recognise the visitor as a member and at what level. I really live by trial and error! :lol:

A chatbox is a cool thing to have on a community but when people start to take it for granted and use it in ways it isn't meant to be then it becomes troublesome. Part of the reason for passing on turboduck for me was for someone to come in with no sense of loyalty or emotional attachment, and turn things around in this area.

I really like the changes and improvements that are planned and hope that I can, in time, get involved more too.

#23 insaneone, May 14, 2018
    Last edited by insaneone: May 14, 2018
    TIMELESS, Milli and Diablo like this.
  4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

By mod pool you mean allow others to upload lost mod and credit them in the download section?

I too think download session should open other game mods as well.
    but I am not sure which one works best so I would like everyone's opinion, I think option 2 is the way to go.

1) option 1
    Download (this would be issue for lesser known games, and maintenance problem for future games)
    --game1
    ----mod type1
    ----mod type2
    ----mod type3
    --game2
    ----mod type1
    ----mod type2
    ----mod type3
    --game3
    ----mod type1
    ----mod type2
    ----mod type3

or
    2) option 2
    Download (where each game will differentiate by download title and tags)
    --mod type1
    --mod type2
    --mod type3

5. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

It's funny reading some of these requests as I've been asking people for feedback and offering up these exact opportunities over the years. :oook:

The things this place half-assed by my own admission were: :p

Gallery - members do like to share their stuff but when it's pretty static in regards to getting comments and feedback then they lose interest
    Downloads - like was said above, the legalities was what turned me away from this but there are other sites doing it so it must be one of those grey areas that doesn't get attention unless it's causing a financial impact

#25 insaneone, May 14, 2018
    Last edited by insaneone: May 14, 2018
    Milli likes this.
  6. MagicV8

Indeed, option 2 seems to me the best way too. :)

And about the mod pool. I think, best would be, if this has to be managed/moderated, because we all know the people ... otherwise there will be chaos someday. ;)
    Yes, everybody should be allowed to upload in general, considering the point above.
    Parallel there have to be published proper mod lists to prevent hosting the same mods several times, except when they have different features.

Edit:
    There is a problem, I want to point to, before I will forget it.
    A couple of mods came with several options/features/bonuses, like several rims, interiors, and so on.
    In general these mods were complete at their first/second publishing by their modders.
    Meanwhile there are "uncomplete mod packs" flying around, for example at playground.ru, with just a few or no options/features/bonuses of their original pack.
    Also the modder credits are from time to time wrong or not given.
    It has to be prevented, that these uncomplete mod packs will be published, if the original is already listed.

#26 MagicV8, May 14, 2018
    Last edited by MagicV8: May 14, 2018
  7. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

I believe this is not really something easy to achieve. Mostly because the upload won't check file-per-file to see if they are the same/duplicated uploaded files. Plus, the uploader can easily over-rule something that could match the file name by renaming it. So, it's up to us, members, to actually take care of that. Check and if it's a duplicated, report it to moderators, so they can either delete/close/merge, whatever they seem fit.

Diablo likes this.
  8. TDUZoqqer

TDUZoqqer whomst'd that

Sorry for offtopic, but you also have some of my mods on your page I never gave permission to / I never officially released.

9. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I am interested to hear what made you switch to xenforo, vs others like IPB that you have probably came across when doing research.

overall, I think you did a very good job of keeping the community alive in the age of dying forums (in my opinion they will still live, just in a different form now), so you should be proud of yourself.

10. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

correct,
    and my plan list will slowly be implemented, because I have a full-time job and other websites to take care,
    but after the transition to new system I want to take in new global moderators to help out some of new stuff (you're invited *wink *wink)

11. MagicV8

On my page are only pictures, not one direct download link at all, also not one link of your mods.
    If there are some links, like with Miha2795 mods, they just link to his own publishing page, no direct download.

Edit:
    @TDUZoqqer, the following we wrote, perhaps you remember:

Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 17:38:15 +0000
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Downloadlinks
    Wenn dich jemand nach dem Mod fragt, bitte ihn bitte mir eine Nachricht zu schreiben, und den nicht selbst zu schicken. Danke
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 20:37:34 +0200
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: Siracusa Downloadlinks

Hi xxx,
    ich wollte Dir nur nochmal persönlich sagen, dass ich Deine Mods inkl. Siracusa, nicht weitergegeben habe.
    Das hatte ich Dir ja damals bereits versprochen.

And this is exactly what I did. I never gave your (un)released mods to anyone, till today. :)

#31 MagicV8, May 14, 2018
    Last edited by MagicV8: May 14, 2018
  12. Milli

:lol: You have no idea what you're doing. Hahahaha

Ask people around about my reputation and you will revoke that invitation in no time. :lol: :lol:

This.

13. TDUZoqqer

TDUZoqqer whomst'd that

Oh true then it must have been on a older version of your page. I just remember by Carbonado there, and I was quite mad about that as I never released it.

EDIT: Which still is with a download link though.

EDIT2: post #3000 yay

BTT

14. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

happy 3k post!
    I am a pay to win player so I start with 20k+ post :poto:

TDUZoqqer and MagicV8 like this.
  15. MagicV8

Do you mean this Lamborghini Aventador LP 1250-4?
    The link is to a publishing page at hf-garage.ru. They published it, I cannot do it on their page. Therefor it is on my list, because I thought it is ok.

But if you say, that's wrong, that they published it, have you asked them to stop?
    And if so, why don't asked me to remove it from the list?
    Seems to me a misunderstanding. If so, I am sorry.

16. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

but but Riza is suppose to be a helpful assistant :woot:

17. Milli

:lol: Well yes, but the reason i use her as my avatar in forums is not because i am like her, it's because i like her character, because she is everything i am not. Hahaha

P.S. I've been banned from many many forums, including GT Planet. :lol: This is the only one that i am still active. Not sure why though, guess people here is really not normal. Lol

MagicV8 likes this.
  18. TDUZoqqer

TDUZoqqer whomst'd that

sourkho have reuploaded it back then and spread the 3D model all around, and additonally converted it himself (which you also shared without a link). I wrote the admins of HF-Garage never recieving any reply, I also wrote you on the email adress on your page, but the mail wasn't sent as it told me the adress is not available.

19. MagicV8

Hm, curious about the mail thing, I never changed it, and is still working.
    Anyway the link to HF Garage is removed.
    Do you want me to delete your mod from my list additionally?

Edit:
    You are right, at the impressum page were transposed letters within the link. It's corrected now.

#39 MagicV8, May 15, 2018
    Last edited by MagicV8: May 15, 2018
  20. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

So, uh... what's her name? :lol: