1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh goody it begins ...TDU2 announced prematurely?

Discussion in 'TDU2' started by Diablo, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Oh looky looky what day it is today (in some parts of the world anyway) and lo and behold what appears in my email inbox? Why some supposed evidence that an announcement about TDU2 was made early and has since now been removed. I have to admit though, the email looked genuine, I mean it looks like it took 5 maybe 8 mins to type out but even after reading all that and checking the mail headers I arrived at 2 little attachments, well not really little but 2 images attached and when I viewed them I have to admit my scepticism subsided a little.

Now it's your turn, could this be a very cruel test of an April Fool's joke by Atari but someone managed to snag an image of it or is it somewhat true and there is an announcement coming uhh ...."soon".

I'll leave it you guys to ponder and please keep it civil, thanks.

UPDATE#1
    Received an email this morning (01/04 / 04/01) showing a supposed screen capture of Google's cached version of the infogrames page. Anyone got the time to check this?

Check attachments 4 & 5 for email and screenshot itself.

Attached Files:

2. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

well it could be true but i highly doubt it.

3. ExplosiveGoats

ExplosiveGoats New Member

I hope this is so, i cant wait until it comes out. it would suck if it is a April fools joke.

4. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

well i say prepare yourselves for the worst. It's more than likely an april fool.

5. ExplosiveGoats

ExplosiveGoats New Member

Probably,since its the day before it. Still i hope its true.

6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

One thing that really makes me think "hmmm...?" is the image isn't Photoshopped or nothing, ok it's cropped but there's nothing been marked out as it's very easy to see when someone has tried to hide or clone stamp something just by brightening the image up.

7. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

well maybe, but why take it off, and why the day before April fool, if it is true great news but if not, i'm not bothered as i know tdu has been a huge success so they would be stupid not to continue the title

8. Baltoman

Baltoman Baby Vipah :D

its a joke

9. ShadowGT

ShadowGT I <3 Boobies!

Meh I'm a bit skeptical about this. Something just doesn't seem right.

10. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

I hightly doubt it. they will be focusing on the new jenga game :D
    Whats strange is that the email came from the minstry of defence (Ministry D :D)

Now you have my hopes high, just to fall again

11. hesonly5

hesonly5 Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Okay, so we have shots of two different links to the article, but no actual article? Fake.

12. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

From the way I saw it, the second image looks like he's tried to get the article but it's not there BUT the text link was not removed and is still viewable along with the link to it. If you try the link itself it just redirects back to the main homepage.

13. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Another email this morning, looks like it was originally sent in the early hours my time. Check the first post for it.

Yada yada yada!

14. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

we know TDU2 is in the pipeline allready dont we, i mean, vibroboy was whispering about the choice of island even before TDU1 came out

and now i cant find his post cause MANY of the users have been deleted from the atari forums database, their posts now registering as ones of guests.

Gaming_guy and Craigie22 being the biggest ones i noticed, but vibroboy is too

AND NOW I CANT BLEEDING FIND VIBROBOY'S POSTS BECAUSE ALL HIS POSTS ARE 'GUEST' ONES

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH

*rips out hair*

15. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Alright sorry guys I have to effectively close this as I have been asked to by Tenebra hence Atari. Guess we'll find out in the future either way. :(

Attached Files:

16. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Final email from our mysterious friend and even though it never really said much, I just have to say thank you for the info and the screenshots, the TDU2 community thanks you.

Mr Pirlo Olfa. :D

17. T1M

T1M ♥ MX-5 ♥

I doubt it.

However, TDU has been around on XBOX 360 since 16th September 2006, so It could be possible for an early 2009 release.

Maybe Atari/Eden are just planning for it.

I dunno, there is evidence to prove it's real, and the same for fake.

18. Iced_Bullet

Iced_Bullet Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I don't get it? Have you actually removed a screen-shot which is why I'm confussed, as there is the cached thingy screen-shot ... or are (unlikely) being a rebel and leaving it on there? Sorry for me being confussed ... but it's annoying :p

Some please explain this to me :p

19. hesonly5

hesonly5 Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

wth are you on about Iced? Look in the screenshots, there's links to an article announcing that TDU2 is in production.

20. MCW

MCW MCW

Confused...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.