1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Toyota Production Cars In Need for Speed Payback

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by tduck, Sep 2, 2017.

1. tduck

tduck Duck Tales!

[​IMG]

Toyota is not going to be in Need for Speed Payback!

In a trend that started with the confirmation that the maker's production cars would not be in Forza Motorsport 7, we now know, thanks to a Ghost Games representative on reddit, that it will be the same for Payback too.
    We know the subject of Toyota is on...

Read more on this...

#1 tduck, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018 at 10:35 PM
  2. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Apparently some people asked Toyota on why they are doing this, and their reply was: "Ask Microsoft"

:susp:

3. Kelvjy

Kelvjy _________________________

Strange that their race cars are fair game but production cars are not. Could it be that Toyota doesn't like that none of the games want to license their latest models ?

Maybe they are asking silly money for their cars (like Lamborghini with AC) :confused:

I like how a lot of people were just saying that Turn10 did it because they don't have a Porsche DLC pack now so they took Toyota for a DLC pack later :lol:

4. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Why would Microsoft take out toyota in their flagship game, pretty sure toyota are talking out of their arse with this.

5. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

That would be worth thinking about if it was only Forza 7 missing out but it's not. It doesn't make any sense why EA's multi-platform game would be punished by something Microsoft did. Where's the source of these questions being asked of Toyota?

6. Milli

Toyota apparently also spoke on Twitter about being on WRC7, Project Cars 2 and GT Sport. So, doesn't seem to be exclusive license either.

And i saw that on this post at GT Planet.

Diablo likes this.
  7. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Yeah but WRC 7 and project cars are both coming on the Xbox so I still don't see why Microsoft would to that to their contender.

8. Milli

Neither do i. I just said what i saw. :lol:

9. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Okay, thanks Milli. Just good to see the sources for obvious reasons. As has been pointed out a few times, even Project CARS 2 doesn't have a very good Toyota representation in it.

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!