1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Man's Sky Pillar Trailers [UP 27/07]

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by tduck, Jul 22, 2016.

1. tduck

tduck Duck Tales!

[​IMG]

As the release of No Man's Sky crawls ever so closer, Sony have been releasing a series of trailers that give you a glimpse of the 4 basic areas of the game. Explore, Fight, Trade and Survive. There are just 19 more sleeps left till the game hits the stores on August 10th in Europe or the 9th in good...

Read more on this...

#1 tduck, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 21, 2018
    TIMELESS likes this.
  2. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

The hype is real, nice article Mells. I think I too will be leaning towards trade style gameplay, I do a whole lotta' hoarding in Fallout :lol:

3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

If things get more expensive/harder as you get closer to the center of the galaxy, I imagine you'll want to have a good stock of units built up, because if you die (and you might die there more often) that basically all you'll have (and blueprints, etc) iirc. Trading is certainly going to be interesting (reminds me of a much older 2D game I played ages ago) but I fear it's what I'll get bored of first (or at least the cycle of mining, travelling, selling). If it integrates well with learning languages and forming alliances then that will help a lot.

4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Default controls
    [​IMG]

Sony PR confirms PS+ is not required to play online (for obvious reasons)

65daysofstatic say they will add more music to the game over the next year.

N4G

5. Camel

Camel New Member

Here be the 4th trailer, Survive.

#5 Camel, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  6. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

I cant wait anymore! Give us the game NOW!!!!

Camel likes this.
  7. Camel

Camel New Member

Only 14 more sleeps! Or if you like big numbers, then it's only 1.2 quadrillion nanoseconds.

Diablo likes this.
  8. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

14 days is damn long time, especiaƂ
    lly when youre waiting for something

9. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

this title is destined to fail. It has been hyped so much + they took a really bad design decision with ditching multiplayer option.

10. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

By ditching You mean no option to play with friend?

11. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

yeah that's pretty much called a multiplayer

12. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Yeah im quite surprised about that as well, but then again maybe theyll add it or something if people gonna demand it enou.

Im not too bothered about it theres some decent single player games too, multiplayer can be very rage inducing in some cases, this will be more of a relaxing game i think.

13. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

I don't think there is a single game in history that added multiplayer to the same title after demand. But I don't know what I'm talking about I'll probably get corrected.

14. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Wait im confused now :confused: Is it 100% single player or is it multiplayer but without option to join friends?

I mean are there other players in the galaxy or not?

15. Camel

Camel New Member

You can't join friends no.

You can come across other players but you more than likely won't know as you won't be able to hear them or see a name above them.

16. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Oh okay so thats what I thought, then its not impossible to add 'squad up' function if people want it enough and if devs will actually care unlike others which I kinda doubt

17. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Remember FUEL? You could warp around a little bit but not directly to friends either (there was a dev cheat available to PC players). That game didn't last too long. MP servers is probably what keeps Minecraft going too.

I'm also starting to doubt that there's not a whole lot more non-grindy stuff that hasn't been shown already. Sean himself said that he would expect most players to stop playing once they reached the center... maybe nothing that special is there after all and it's just pure simple gamification.

The reason MP is so limited is because Sean wants to give us a certain experience. Well once we've enjoyed that experience I don't see it as impossible for them to extend MP a bit more. We know they plan to keep adding to the game (what other stuff could they add to an infinite based from an offline seed). There's already quite a bit of netcode in there as well.
    On the other hand, playing down the MP might be a clever excuse over a small teams difficulty in implementing something rock solid???

I'll play it for at least a month. FH3 will be out around about then.

18. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Fuel wasnt a very good game from my point of view, nothing really surprising it died

Nms will be quite huge on launch I think, we'll see I guess

19. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

#19 Ryzza5, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
    RobikV3 likes this.