1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Peugeot RCZ THP 200

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by RX_37, Apr 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RX_37

RX_37 Peugeot RCZ THP 200

Just collected a Peugeot RCZ yesterday! Was an 850 km trip there and back (425+425) so i also got to roadtest it a little:excited:
    This has been my dream car for a while and now i finally bought one! :)

Equiptment is:
    200 bhp
    Pearl White
    JBL HiFi
    Bi-Xenon
    Black calipers
    19" Sortilége + 18" 5 spoke original rims for the winter tires. One of them was a bit messed up on an edge sadly. :(
    Car was registered 19.5.2011 and has now been driven 42.000 km, is quite a lot and it was my only concern but however i tried i did not find any faults or bad spots technical-wise. Time will tell.

Paint was in great shape apart from a few stonechips in the front but they were so small you don't see them from a distance, Is to be expected anyway with all the miles on it. There also was a small half-inch jack on the lowest part on the rear bumper but it too is barely noticeable. And the black roof is quite full of washing-scrapes. Should disappear with polishing.

While going home i averaged 6.1l/100km (46 MPG) in fuel which is not bad either ;)

Nothing to complain about so far so lets keep it that way please! :D The cabin noise was a bit more than i expected tho according to my phone between 65-70 dB depending on asphalt condition. Nothing i can't live with tho. Also i thought it revved quite a lot while driving 65 mph or so it was at about 3100 RPM. Is that really normal?!

A few quick pictures taken while driving and one at home, there will be more to follow naturally:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 RX_37, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    Stendert., pascallll, Camel and 8 others like this.
  2. mau92

mau92 New Member

Congrats! Have you tried a speed run?

3. Emir13

Emir13 New Member

Congratulations! Beautiful car with a beautiful color! Nice roads in Finland as well :) I hope you will have many kilometers/miles in your beautiful Peugeot!

4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

Nice one

I'll be honest I ignored the notification of this thread at first as I thought it would just be another TDU mod request :lol:

3100rpm does sound a tad high for motorway speeds, but I can't really comment objectively since I've got 7 gears

Be sure to find the Driving Videos and Acceleration videos threads and update them ;)

5. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

^ Yeah, I thought it was a request as well. :p

Anyway, congrats and have fun with it as they're told be fun cars from what I've read. It is the 1.6 THP, isn't it?

6. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

My Audi does 2-3k RPM at 80kph :lol: I guess the gear ratios are optimized for city driving, not sure if that could be the case here :hmmm:

Anyways, beautiful car, hopefully you have better roads down there than we have here :p

7. MrLolololXD

MrLolololXD Resident Supra Owner

I've always thought the RCZ's were pretty cool, you've got my favourite colour for them aswell. Nice one :D

8. RX_37

Thanks for the comments guys :) I love driving it, it's a lot of fun and so very beautiful. As for the engine RPM apparently it's supposed to be like that. Gearbox ratios are set up like that, but it's fine eitherway :) It's not a racing car, it's a cruising car ;)

Yes it's the 1.6l THP 200 engine :D

I'll see about more pictures in the coming days depending on weather/time etc...

9. calster17

calster17 Resident rubbish car fan.

Nice car. the RCZ is a car that i personally think is underrated and oozes style! :)

The black alloys really go with the white on it!

10. Camel

Camel New Member

One of the few Peugots I actually like! Nice choice, looks quite sporty.

3100rpm at 65mph? :eek: My little 4-speed is only at about 3300rpm at 70.

11. RX_37

Here are a few quick pictures i took today ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The old Corolla slightly visible too :D
    [​IMG]

Here are the 18" winter tires aswell:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#11 RX_37, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
    Minime891 and killalldude like this.
  12. RX_37

Some new Pictures taken today :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ryzza5 and The Compensator like this.
  13. RX_37

Ordered some LED Daytime Running Lights
    [​IMG]

A cap
    [​IMG]

And a Keyring!
    [​IMG]

14. Andriy242

Andriy242 Evo Tuner

Great choice of a car. I wish Canada could import euro cars.

Anyways back on topic. Really? 42000km since 2011 is alot???? Average now a days is 25000 average per year. So I do believe that is pretty good. Mine is 2009 and I have 126000.

And with the RPM wise, since I am guessing its a 4 banger(4 cylinder) and a 1.6L? If that is right then your RPM are right. I do 3100RPM at 140kph but mine is a 1.8L with a throttle controller. So you are fine.

15. RX_37

Yes the revs are nothing to worry about. It's supposed to be like that.

Well thing is i saw another one of these RCZ's that had the exact same spec and also a 2011 that only had 7000 km on it and it was only 1000 € more expensive. I'm still disappointed in myself for not buying that one instead, but the one i do have is still great so i'm still happy.

I'm gonna get the car a full detailing in 2 weeks time or so to clear up any scratches in the paintwork so it'll look brand new again! :D

16. RX_37

Went out for a little drive around some backroads today. I probably had a pretty high average speed.... Car pulls good above 4000rpm in 4th :lol:
    Was the first time i've gotten to test the car a little more on twisty roads too. Only problem was that there were a lot of bumps in the road so i was a bit fearful of the rims :( But they made through it so it's all good.

A few quick pictures i took while letting the car "cool down" a bit:

These were the kinda roads i was on, altho this is in a small village.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The LED's are still there
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for now ;)

The Compensator likes this.
  17. Emir13

Emir13 New Member

Looks great :) I hope you'll always be happy with your car(s) :)

Btw I love interior of RCZ! One of the best interiors Peugeot ever made :)

Hope one day we'll see this car in TDU2 :)

#17 Emir13, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  18. RX_37

Yes i think so too about the interior. It's really great! :)

It's available in TDU1 already. And i don't play TDU2 so it doesn't matter to me :D

19. Emir13

Emir13 New Member

I don't play TDU1 so... :) I would like to see in TDU2 because of lights and indicators in interior, would be awesome to see it :)

20. RX_37

Took a few pictures yesterday :) Only phonecamera så they're not that sharp but still.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also had the pleasuse of BEING REVERSED INTO yesterday! --.-- The idiot got off lucky tho as it only left a small paintmark behind the left side wheel on the bumper. Was able to rub it away, and no dents occured. Inspected it today and it looks fine from what i can tell. Thank god for that.

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!