1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MrLolololXD's 2002 Toyota Supra SZ-R

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by MrLolololXD, Jan 30, 2013.

1. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

Damn, that's a pretty rare piece of metal. :eek:

MrLolololXD likes this.
  2. MrLolololXD

MrLolololXD Resident Supra Owner

It's 100% titanium :D

3. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

More cardboard, bubble wrap, and an invoice

5. MrLolololXD

In case ya's missed it, there's a couple of spoilers there with what's really in the box :p

6. MrLolololXD

New gear shifter boot arrived yesterday from Redline Goods. Their products seem really good quality and I've only read good things about them online. If anyone is ever looking for new shifter boots, definitely give them a look. They tailor make shifter boots for pretty much every car model. They're also fully customizable, length, colour, stitching etc. Their prices are also pretty damn good, especially when compared to OEM parts... I got mine in the standard Supra length, but with a grey stitching that should match the colour of my car :)

http://www.redlinegoods.com/

[​IMG]
    003 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    004 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    006 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

#66 MrLolololXD, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by MrLolololXD: Feb 20, 2013
    superhyper likes this.
  7. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

That looks proper good, now I can't wait until mine arrives :evil:

8. MrLolololXD

Cleared through customs today, not too much longer now...

:cheeese:

I'll be able to go down and see it in person for the first time at the compliance workshop soon, can't wait!

9. MrLolololXD

Car is currently waiting in line at quarantine, it's getting cleaned tomorrow and then off to have the inspection on Friday. After that it's off to compliance, so hopefully early-mid next week I'll be able to go down after work to check it out.

But be warned now... When I see it for the first time I'll probably fill my 16gb memory card with pics of it lol, GET YER BANDWIDTHS READY

[​IMG]
    IMG_9469 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

TIMELESS and The Compensator like this.
  10. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Can't wait to see it in the metal one day...

Bring it on :cool:

MrLolololXD likes this.
  11. MrLolololXD

Lol, nice one :lol:

12. The Compensator

Can't wait...

...to see it wrapped around a tree the day you collect the car.

:p

13. MrLolololXD

Found out some more interesting stuff be de-coding the frame/chassis numbers and build dates.

Mine was built in the very last month Supras were ever built. Infact, of the 45,221 MKIV Supras that were ever built, mine was the 47th last Supra ever built...

I've sent off an email to Elmhurst Toyota in Illinois in the hope of getting a reply back about the specific build numbers for that year, i.e: how many SZ-Rs were made in 2002 and how many of what colours there are. Hopefully I'll get an email back and hopefully in a few days!

Prophecy and TIMELESS like this.
  14. MrLolololXD

Okay so I never heard back from those emails I sent off about the exact build numbers/trims for that year, but I have some better news.

IT'S FINALLY PASSED THROUGH COMPLIANCE AND READY TO PICK UP WOOHOO :msuh3: :woot:
    :bparty: :bparty: :bparty:

All that really has to be done is get it registered now, although I've decided to tow it straight from the compliance workshop to my work to be painted before being registered. So I still have a little wait before I can legally drive it on the roads. I'll probably test drive it around the factory complex a few times though, if I can get my hands on some trade plates I might even go for a drive and bring it back home for a few days to work on. At least I'll finally be able to de-clutter my room of car parts lol

Gonna get it delivered to work this Saturday, so expect that photobomb this weekend at last

THESE LAST 3 MONTHS HAVE FELT LIKE 3 DAMN YEARS

Massive thanks to Import Monster for making this whole process, simply put, a walk in the park. They did all the running around and just sent me the bills to be paid when due, the whole process couldn't have been any more straight forward. I would recommend them to anyone in Australia looking to import a car or looking for parts and I'm more than certain their business will see much more of my business in the future. :)

killalldude and TIMELESS like this.
  15. The Compensator

16. Prophecy

Prophecy New Member

17. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

bout time :)

When did you get your license - don't recall seeing that headline and I'm sure the reply was a no last time I asked if you got it

18. MrLolololXD

And nope, I got lazy again. Still on my stupid L's. I can guarantee I'll be the only L plater driving around in a 2002 Supra though lol. That's another reason I decided to paint it now, might give me time to get off my L's. Got another massive incentive today to hurry and get my P's apart from the Supra though

19. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Forgot I bought a Supra :hmmm:

MrLolololXD likes this.
  20. MrLolololXD

It is finally in my possession :evil: Kind of, it's at my work atm, which leads me to the next thing...

Some dimwit crashed it into something during the shipping, it's got a dent in the right rear guard... We're taking it up with the shipping company now, the stupid sods. Should be pretty easy to whack out though, nothing a weekend can't fix.

Anywho, here's a little revving clip from the ass-end to keep you all entertained while another walk-around video and about 20-30 pics take the next 73 years to upload. Edit: ALL PICS AND WALK-AROUND VIDEO NOW UPLOADED!

:cheeese:

--- Post Updated ---

And here's the pics!

The first glimpse I saw of it while driving up the road

[​IMG]
    031 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    032 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    034 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

At the compliance centre

[​IMG]
    028 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Had to jump it to get it started for the first time, got a dodgy battery, gonna go buy a new one tomorrow

[​IMG]
    011 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Me and my brother posing with my new money gobbler :p

[​IMG]
    021 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Checking out some of the stone chips on the R/H/F guard

[​IMG]
    020 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

I need to shave... and get a haircut :mhmm:

[​IMG]
    030 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Back at my work, my brother in the drivers seat

[​IMG]
    036 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    037 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    051 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    050 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    049 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    052 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    053 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    038 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    054 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    055 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    039 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    056 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    040 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    043 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    042 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    069 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

And here's some pics of the dent those moron shipping handlers did...

[​IMG]
    057 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    059 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    060 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

But like I said in the previous post, nothing a weekend can't fix, just gotta wait for my boss to do a quote and for the shipping companies insurance to pay up.

All in all it's in pretty good condition. Just the paint and now that dent that needs major attention. Other things planned before getting it on the road are:

New tyres all around (or at least the rears)
    New rotors and pads
    New battery
    Radio band frequency expander, because Japan decided to be different to the rest of the world and use a short band frequency, will only pick up 2 Aussie radio stations without one :fp:
    Dent fixed, car resprayed
    Clean headlights
    Full detail/clean
    Install all the goodies I've collected so far (strut brace, gas bonnet struts, new gear knob, shifter boot etc.)
    Remove all the old Japanese rego and dealer stickers
    And I'm sure there's more I'll think of :p

Really happy with the whole thing :)

[​IMG]
    070 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Still waiting on that walk-around video though :wait: YouTube hates me

--- Post Updated ---

Walk-around video is uploaded! Added to the top of this post!

#80 MrLolololXD, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018