1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to purchase or lease new car at mid 2019

Discussion in 'Automotive Discussion' started by Diablo, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Alfa Romeo is one of the greatest brands of all time. :lol: Italian rival of BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar, Cadillac and such. Even though you might never heard of it, i honestly think you should check it out. As gasoline vehicles go, in my humble opinion, it's one of the best value you can get. It has all the tech, it has the looks, and it probably has the sounds. And, it's a brand that has racing heritage, so it has high chances of making you feel special when you're inside.

People say that if you're a true car enthusiast, you must own an Alfa Romeo sometime in your life. :lol: I guess that says a lot.

Edit: At least try to get a test drive of an Alfa Giulia. Don't think you'll regret.

Edit 2:
    :hmmm: Why am i split from everyone else? :mhmm:

#21 Milli, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited by Milli: Aug 1, 2018
  2. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

To be honest not really a fan of the the Alfa Romeo design,

@TIMELESS it seems I have misconception about hybrid, so my apology
    after doing some research, Lexus hybrid seems pretty good
    will go test drive at a dealer near my lease end

TIMELESS likes this.
  3. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

[​IMG]

:lol:

hassan1995 likes this.
  4. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Yeah go check them out, I think they're a more realistic/practical option right now until electric cars are more developed and the infrastructure too. Let us know how you get on :)

5. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

we already know
    downside of hybrid is less cargo space, higher initial price
    upside is energy efficiency and quiet-ness (but I want to know more practicality of this)

from my research, there are three scenarios:
    EV mode, internal combustion engine (ICE) + electric motor (EM) assist, ICE

less noise mean you can enjoy your music better in i.e traffic, it adds another level of comfort
    but how often does that quiet-ness kick in with every day driving say (50-50 highway-city, 75-25, 25-75)

assume 2015 or later non plug-in hybrid models vs their non hybrid counterpart
    say Lexus hybrid vs their non hybrid same model, is it always quieter? if not then how often not based on above scenarios

#25 Diablo, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited by Diablo: Aug 3, 2018
  6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

So I went to test drive RX450h today,
    in my short experience, things I like:
    quiet, comfy, panoramic sunroof, roomy (for passenger)

just for comparison purpose, what are the competitors in the same class?