1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July 17 - International 'Forum Moderators' Day

Discussion in 'Give us your feedback' started by Ryzza5, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

I've often thought that the time forum moderators spend (esp with menial tasks) on their forums often goes unnoticed (maybe not so much on these forums, but you get the idea).

I was looking on this list of international observance days and saw that 1) International Talk Like a Pirate day is included, and 2) July has hardly any observance days.

I read the article for Pirate day to see how it took off and was added to the list, and was basically by word of mouth.

If you like this idea, simply mention it on another forum that you belong to, until a large number of forums are aware of it. Then, on July 17 of every year, we can, um, (haven't thought this far yet...) sing the praises of these selfless people and promise not to post bad stuff (that needs moderating) for 24 hours. (Other suggestions would be appreciated).

Feel free to post below and let me know what you think.

#1 Ryzza5, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. Camel

Camel New Member

I like the idea(why wouldn't I? :p) but every member behaving for 24 hours would never ever ever ever happen. Lol

3. T0M722

T0M722 "POWWEERRRR!!"

To put it simply, it will be a tremendous effort and just plain lucky that no one breaks the rules for 24 hours.

4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Yeah I know. The only way would be to ban everyone in advance for 24h :)

That's a joke, btw.

5. Rodrighazzo

Rodrighazzo I'm the king of glitches!

lol, we need moderators, but at the same time, they need a break of us hahaah

6. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

It's going to be a bit harder for me to promote this now with the extra badge :eek:

7. T0M722

T0M722 "POWWEERRRR!!"

Good luck though. Try and get Diablo on your team ;)

8. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Well, Diablo's an Administrator, not a Moderator, so... just kidding.
    I posted this in another location where a number of forum owners converge, so hopefully it gets a bit more notice.

9. t.

t. Retired

Doesn't Baldred already observe this day every day?

:cheeky:

10. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

Oi! Less of that cheek you, you're not immune from a banning you know! :cheeky:

11. Camel

Camel New Member

Indeed he does, but I think he just doesn't want to press any buttons incase he breaks the forum.. again. :)

And neither are you. You can't even change your own name. :p

12. gingervette

gingervette Corvette = Win

Bit of an early notice don't you think? lol

13. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

But I can change yours if I wanted to :cheeky:

14. Camel

Camel New Member

And I could change it back. :p

15. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

Not if I demote you!

16. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Ummm guys, I think you're missing the point of this thread :)

17. t.

t. Retired

That you want a day off? ALREADY!

18. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Pfft. I've barely had a day on yet. This place is very quiet when you lot go to bed, and Mike is one of the first ones up anyway. :)

19. KoenigseggBG

KoenigseggBG Made in 1994

20. iLLGT3

iLLGT3 New Member

lolwut???

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!