1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It Goes Bang

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Pherelas, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

It was an old xbox but still quite scary. Its my brothers and he turned it on last night and 20 secounds later there was a very loud bang and smoke poured out the back filling the upstairs of our house.

Being very board we took the thing apart, and I don't know if anyone has tryed it but there very very srong. Didn't have the right alen key to get it apart properly but with a bit of pulling very hard it came apart.

It melted the powersuply thing and still stinks anmd the house still smells of eletrical smoke. Stupid thing.

2. TOOL

TOOL New Member

Wow i never heard of one blowing up like that, thats crazy. I hope my 360 doesnt do that.

3. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

Got some photo's of my dead xbox if anyone in intressted. If anyone knows computer can anyone tell me why it might have melted?
    This is the xbox case, don't know why im putting this up im sure you've all seen an xbox but oh well.
    [​IMG]
    Ok taking the case off now it looks like this;
    [​IMG]
    Ok, this is the disk drive, im sorry I got carried away;
    [​IMG]
    and the back
    [​IMG]
    The hard drive
    [​IMG]
    Underneath the top layer with mother board and power and all the other bits no one understands.
    [​IMG]
    The power supply that went bang:
    [​IMG]
    The melted part;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the motherboard;
    [​IMG]
    Anymore photo's of the inside of the xbox you want while its open?

4. FA430RGT

FA430RGT Hoods and Alley-ways..

Wow thats defintly pretty interesting photos you've got there..

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!