1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to switch to editor mode?

Discussion in 'Give us your feedback' started by killalldude, Mar 13, 2011.

1. killalldude

killalldude SRT-Avant

I don't know if I'm not looking hard enough, but for some reason I can't find the 'Switch to editor mode' button when I make a post. Where did it go?!?!?!

2. Camel

Camel New Member

It's the A symbol at the top right of the reply box. Well, it is for me. :hmmm:

3. killalldude

killalldude SRT-Avant

This is all I see:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

There's the A symbol with a color bar under it for color, and those two blue A's with an X through it, but none of those do it :(.

#3 killalldude, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited by Diablo: Apr 3, 2018
  4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

#4 Diablo, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 20, 2018
  5. killalldude

killalldude SRT-Avant

Under "Message Editor Interface" the setting is "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing," and I'm using Google Chrome as my browser.

6. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

FTR, when I edit a post, if it uses 'preview' mode to begin with, the A button is there to switch, but if it begins with the normal full editor the A button usually isn't there. Never thought much of it tbh.

7. killalldude

killalldude SRT-Avant

So is this button not available anymore or is it something with my account/settings?

8. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Have you tried another browser to see if it's only Chrome suffering this issue?

9. killalldude

killalldude SRT-Avant

Oh wow stupid me. I guess it is only Chrome that has this issue. Also I noticed that the viewing width is larger in Internet Explorer (latest version) is wider than in Chrome. My resolution is 1360x768.

Chrome:

IE:

#9 killalldude, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited by Diablo: Apr 3, 2018
  10. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

It's actually IE being crap as always.

Proper browsers keep the left side to it's specified width whereas IE crushes it down to fit the items on the right. Check it on Opera, Firefox, Safari, Chome and you'll see they show it the same whereas IE is as per usual rubbish.

11. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Did you have zooming enabled at all?

12. killalldude

killalldude SRT-Avant

Nope, it was at the normal 100%