1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to decrypt the save files? (PC)

Discussion in 'TDU2 - Mod Tools & Support' started by psrkallez06, May 26, 2018.

1. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 New Member

I've watched some youtube videos about save editors but that only seems to work with the console versions. Any tool available for PC? Thanks!

2. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 New Member

So no one has has been able to do this? :eek:

3. Minime891

What are you trying to do?

4. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 New Member

Well.. decrypting the save files, be able to look at the code to see what's going on etc.

5. Minime891

That has to be one of the most vague answers you could've given. I was expecting i would like to edit money, licenses, road discovery etc.

6. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 New Member

The goal is to be able to bypass some things and yes, roads is one of those things.
    Forums / Modifications and Tools / Mod that removes tuning discovery level requirement? - TDU2 Car Mods and Texmod Tutorial - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Forum

That's one thread that i opened about it. I wanna take a look at the save file to see the structure it has.

7. binbow

binbow Well-Known Member

Please see the explanation by tdudec itself.

Usage: tdudec.exe <d/e> <input> <output> [type]
    by default type is set to 0 for decrypting the savegame/playersave files,
    use 1 as type for decrypting other files (like .btrq, .db and so on)

8. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 New Member

Sorry for the late answer. I already tried tdudec. But that doesn't work for TDU 2 saves. the file it decrypts still looks like "jibberish" in notepad++..

9. kmix-rider

kmix-rider Member

in fact tdu dec was made for decrypting save files from tdu 1 and also some database stuff. TDU 2 keeped this encryption key and stuff for database and some xml files, but for saved files, devs have changed the encryption so...sorry !