1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forza Motorsport 7 Is Forza 7 worse than previous Forzas?

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by Milli, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

That's near nighttime mate, it's easy to hide stuff when it's not being seen.

2. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I'll take a daytime one then

Diablo likes this.
  3. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Sounds good. It's always best to compare like for like.

4. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

To be fair, no-one said it looks bad. It just might look worse than previous Forzas. :lol: Because they had to remove those details.

5. mau92

mau92 Well-Known Member

As Diablo said, it's easy to make a game look bad. As it is quite difficult to make a bad game look good. Check the screenshot thread I made Robik think my pics were FM7 when they were AC, not that AC is bad looking, but it's not the best looking either.
    I'm with hassan, most of the time you are not stopped to see how patchy the grass is, most of the time it just rushes by, although I understand it's nice to see it when you are taking a screenshot or something similar.

6. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

the game is actually alright now that I get to play it even after my refund :D
    It now makes sense as a free 2 play game, I like the slower progression. I always thought forza needed that. Career mode is pretty much the same though, no improvements there same with multiplayer lobbies, in fact if anything it's a downgrade from fh3 where you could customize the events. I really hate the fact that I have to race in SUVs and trucks in order to progress.
    As for the graphics, they are definitely a downgrade, it's more apparent in 4k, all of the textures are blatantly resized, details have been removed and still has the same problem of cars having too much detail and rest of the world having non. I guess they should've worked on that instead of adding fireworks into circuits that everyone hates. The prize crates/mods situation is pretty ugly, but then again I can't complain since the game was free for me.
    But those are the only things that annoy me, I'd say this game is noooooooooooooooooooooooo way worth $60, since it is just an fm6 expansion pack. I guess the ball don't lie

--- Post Updated ---

Same metal flake semi-gloss Brass in the past 3 Forzas - Album on Imgur

I didn't think the downgrade went onto the shaders and environment mapping. Holy cow

#46 Ozzmcom, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited by Ozzmcom: Oct 10, 2017
    Milli and TimBud like this.
  7. Loek

Loek Alleged estate fetishist

Btw i found out the Ferrari F40 looks really bad in FM7 :D

IMG_8fffa03b-fbfe-4323-afa3-aa18026157f1.png

#47 Loek, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited by Diablo: Apr 13, 2018
    Diablo and hassan1995 like this.
  8. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I do like seeing those illusion vans driving about.

9. Milli

That's also quite something... Most people won't notice aswell, because 90% of people who play Forza ends up painting their cars in gloss colors anyways. :lol: But it's quite sad, the paint in Forza 6 was something i really liked when i played. How metallic you could make a color to be.

Another thing i've read about in Forza forums is the fact that drivatar vehicles are always in matte colors, so they don't have reflections.

10. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

there is also a problem with carbon fiber paint. In photomode you can see the weaving but in game it is not rendered.

11. hassan1995

Haven't had those issues :mhmm:

12. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

it has been around forever :

Forza Horizon 3 5_7_2017 4_43_54 PM.jpg

1.jpg

#52 Ozzmcom, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited by Diablo: Apr 13, 2018
    Milli likes this.
  13. Milli

Also, Forza 7 doesn't have draft. Noticed this in a Nascar video.

#53 Milli, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  14. carlos_69

carlos_69 OMG EVO

Damn those bugs made me laugh really hard

RobikV3 likes this.
  15. hassan1995

You can see the draft working in the video...

16. Milli

Bump drafting makes no effect what so ever. Look at the car speed, not if he is overtaking or not. The car accelerates at same rate while "drafting" or not. I'd suggest you guys to try it in the Forza 7 League that Devin is organizing.

17. Paladin Skylark

Nope.

Yes you're nuts. You haven't even played the game.

/endthread

18. Milli

This argument is so old... And so non-sense.

19. Loek

Loek Alleged estate fetishist

It makes sense in this case... it's easy searching the internet for bugs and errors but I've actually been playing the game and the only "errors" I've seen were deliberatly found. Sure it's not good that a game has errors but exploiting them from the sideline is odd, if you had actually played the game you would know those little errors can't bother anyone when you're doing what FM7 is about: racing.

hassan1995 likes this.
  20. Milli

Now, allow me to disagree. To me, in racing, you actually need to change your tires to rain compound when it starts to rain. And back it to dry, once the rain is done. That has a big role on a racing matter. And anyone who actually played on a competition level above offline races against AI knows that. Specially on games that have dynamic weather.

Second, a game today is more than just racing, if you only cared about racing, why are you playing Forza at all? If racing is the only thing that matters for you in a racing game, i'd suggest to get iRacing, rFactor or Assetto Corsa.

Third, there are countless negative reviews about this game, also a lot of complains about it's own fanbase, which Turn 10 themselves recognized it.

And forth, there are countless reviews about the game, which i have watched, if you really think that playing the game would completelly change what someone thinks about a game, you're completelly wrong. I had an opinion about Forza 6 before play it, and it remained the same after i played it. (Actually, it got worse for Forza 6 after i played it, but that's other subject)

But, again, to focus the argument back to it's topic, this thread is not about Forza being a bad game, it's about it being worse than Forza 6. Many problems that Forza 7 do have, which you don't need to look much deep to find, were unexistent in Forza 6. If you could name, exactly where Forza 7 is better than Forza 6, please do so. Other than having dynamic weather, i can't see where it is.

Edit: And on a more personal level about the bugs. The bugs themselves are not what the major problem, the major problem is the lack of care. Those mistakes shown in the videos are simple things, that could be easily fixed in less than 5 minutes, and yet they seem to not care at all. And i think that's really wrong thing to do, if you're a developer as huge as Turn 10.

#60 Milli, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited by Milli: Oct 11, 2017
    RobikV3, TimBud and Ozzmcom like this.