1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing.... me (part 1)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ferdi76, Apr 28, 2016.

1. ferdi76

ferdi76 Detouring

Hannover, Germany
    Hi people!

After a long time of silence, I would like to introduce myself:

I am Ferdinand (my colleagues/friends call me Ferdi), 39 years old.
    I come from the city of Hannover in Germany.
    My hobbies are karting and hiking, and playing racing/driving simulations.
    It all started with my love for TDU 1 in 2006. This game had good things and some not so good things but so many potential. But who am I telling?
    From there I went to playing rFactor, iRacing, AC, pCARS, The Crew. But in the back of mind I always thought of TDU (1!).

Anyway, that brings me to my secret which I/we kept for the past 5 (7 to be exact) years. I am one of the founders of a team of independent game developers. Currently our team is made up of 16 'employee's' scattered over home offices in Europe.
    Now we like to inform you at Turboduck that we have managed to design our own game engine and everything else what is needed for a spiritual successor to TDU 1. The project is called Detour (for the moment). In the next couple of months, we will have some more news and would like to invite some of you to our closed Beta of the game in Q4 2016. In a short while we will open our website, where we share some more info about our project.

I hope this will all work out as we planned, so we can enjoy playing this great game in 2017.

Till later then!

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Northern Ireland, UK
    Hello... you! Welcome Ferdi to our wonderful and weird site. :hello:

*heavy breathing* It's really exciting to hear this and I can't wait to see it. I'm sure there's probably a few people here who'd be interested in pitching in too!
  3. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Hey Ferdi!

Welcome to TDUCK, I hope you stick around to get to know us and let us get to know you better :) I look forward to hearing more about your project.
  4. Carbon_Kid

Carbon_Kid Game Developer

Hi Mr. Ferdi!

Oh, it's you again?! Always wanting to be first in everything!
    But it's nice to see you here....
  • About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!