1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Automotive Articles [Naughty Ferrari]

Discussion in 'Automotive Discussion' started by Microphone, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Very sincere, can't you tell by my use of '4' as a substitute for 'for' and the actual concept of me hashtagging about praying?

2. Loek

Loek Alleged estate fetishist

I thought I was weird for liking this song because of the car references :)

3. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

Ain't nothing weird about that, bro. There are much weirder things that people like, haha

4. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

5. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

In other news (courtesy of Ry link dumping in the cbox) :

McLaren and BMW are working together on some new enginey stuffs to be implemented in a McLaren engine by 2020. The aim of whatever they're working on is to reduce CO2 and increase output. As a lover of fast cars and... planet Earth, this sounds good to me. More details here.

What does this mean for F1? Nothing, as it happens. Sorry.

Sauce

6. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Moved to a more suitable thread :)

Intriguing news, should be interesting to see what is released in 2020.

7. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

This thread is more suitable I think :)

This could be huge news for Europe, Vauxhall employs thousands of people in the UK and it's not likely that PSA will be very welcoming to keeping jobs outside of the EU if they don't need to in a post Brexit world.

It's also a bit of a shame in my opinion, I think they were on a roll. The new Mokka X is a good car, the new Astra is finally competing with the top of the class hatchbacks, the new Insignia and Insignia estate look stunning. The products are decent, the company just isn't profitable.

8. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Apparently the loss has been 15 billion dollars in the past 17 years. They háve finally started making attractive cars, but the German labour is expensive, Korean competition for the same buyer group is very strong and the Brexit made the whole package worth 400 million dollars less. If the Brexit wouldn't have happened, Opel would have reached break-even. Rumours are PSA wants Opel because of GM's EV-tech.

9. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Yeah I understand, it should be interesting. PSA haven't exactly been the picture of stability themselves for the past decade. As for Korean competition, a highly specced Kia Optima sportwagon drove past me earlier and I was like... damn that's stunning. And then I reflected on the fact i'd just called a Kia stunning.

10. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

I know that feeling. Kias are beautiful these days, seriously good bang for your buck. And Korean reliability seems to have made a name for itself as Japanese reliability did. It's bound to be hard for Opel to compete with that.

It's a shame really, as you say Opel have been putting out some quality attractive cars in recent years, but personally I think Citroen and Peugeot has been killing it, so it's not necessarily a bad thing to be under the PSA wing. Of course the question is, will they keep manufacturing in Germany and the UK (post brexit). There's a few thousand jobs for Brits hanging on the line here.

11. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Ferrari Accused Of Allowing Illegal Odometer Rollbacks In New Lawsuit

Ferrari have allegedly been caught out allowing their dealers to roll back the odometres on some of theirs, the case in question is a LaFerrari whose owner was allowed to roll back the mileage to 0, supposedly adding $1 million to the value of the car.

The piece of equipment mechanics use to do this has to get approval from Ferrari before being used, there is supposed to be just one in the US, so if this rollback did happen, Ferrari gave a green light. This could be huge, but I doubt it will be.