1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to unpack TDU2 & How to install TDU2 mods. Ask for help in here! [PC ONLY]

Discussion in 'TDU2 - Mod Tools & Support' started by Ryzza5, Jan 26, 2012.

1. DonnieBrasco

DonnieBrasco Ohana Cruiseanostra

And that might be your problem. The link in the UL leads to the wrong folder. You have to deposit the exe in the unpacked folder.

2. Bud Lightyear

Bud Lightyear Rookie

Figured out my problem!!

--- Post Updated ---

This was exactly it

3. Rebuilda

Rebuilda Member

Hi Chaps. long time no see.
    Just like to point out that you lot have done an awesome job and shown remarkable patience with this. Well done.
    I'm just starting a clean install of the game from the original DVD but would like to progress it through to a fully modded version. Is there anything I need to watch for that may trip me up other than the update servers being slow?
    All the best and keep up the awesome work.
    Adrian

ETA which file/folder do I need to recover from the old install to bring my profile over into the new install?

#143 Rebuilda, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by Rebuilda: Jul 27, 2014
  4. Khaled86

Khaled86 RICER

:cry: BIKE DLC For Cracked TDU2 ! help :(

5. DonnieBrasco

You wont find here, sorry.

6. ShooT666

ShooT666 Rookie

watch?v=NgRaaC1BTXw
    Where to take this of mod
    or who can make analog?
    ^ Youtube

7. liberta

liberta Rookie

If anyone else is having trouble unpacking files like I was I found a fix. It seems like quickbms was having trouble handling the large files (not enough space error even though there was over 3tb free). Download the latest version from here: aluigi. altervista. org/quickbms.htm then extract to a temporary location, delete quickbms.exe and rename quickbms_4gb_files.exe to just quickbms.exe then replace the file that comes with the unpacker with the renamed file.

8. CB7Hero

CB7Hero New Member

Hey forum! I'm new here! I was hoping someone could help me answer this. I got the unofficial patch and unpack to work on the Steam version :yay: but now I'm experiencing an error on the MyTDUHouse thing. Whenever I select another item, it glitches and never stops loading. The game isn't frozen, but it doesn't want to load either. I know I did something wrong. Can I please get any help or suggestions from you all?

9. Rnway88

Rnway88 New Member

Thank you very good tuto :)

10. Blinks

Blinks New Member

Is there a way to add cars without unpacking? (I have limited Steam money and I feel bad for purchasing the game, I had 22 hours in Steam before I unpacked so I can install AutoPack mod). Maybe if there was a way for Steam not to check the files, we could add the vehicules, frontend, database, sound, etc folders in the Steam directory and just put the mods directly there.

11. DonnieBrasco

You can't add cars to the unpacked version. That's definitely not possible.

But you can play the game without steam. Just copy the hole gamefolder (steam/.../steamapps/common/tdu2) elsewhere, unpack that folder, setup the universal launcher appropriately and play with that one without steam-checking.

12. sergih123

sergih123 Rookie

Hi! :D
    I have a quick question, could it be that if you replace the unpacked files to the original game location steam woldn't let you start the game because it's been modified and so they may think it's....I don't know hacked maybe.
    Thx! :D

13. MikeDelta

MikeDelta Rookie

Hi everybody, first, I want to thank you about this websit, it's really impressive !! I have an issue with TDU2 unpacked and so I hope that I post it at the right place in the forum.

My issue is simple : When I unpack the game, everything is OK, I manage to install car mods, no problem. But, When I play the unpacked game version, with or without mods, my game freezes all the time. When I play, the image stops during about 1 or 2 sec. It's impossible to play !!

With the non unpacked version, I don't have this problem. It's not my PC (ASUS ROG), I have try to change the installation folder of the unpacked game on my SSD disk, but it's the same... I use TDU2 universal launcher. My game version is the v034 build 16.

Have you any ideas about this problem ?

Sorry for my bad english !!

14. StarGT

StarGT Ukrainian car modder

on XP sometimes im too has this bug but i install win 7 and havent bug now
    p.s. its my history maybe other people has some different versions

15. MikeDelta

MikeDelta Rookie

OK, thank you, I'm on win 10, and before I was on 8.1 and I had not this problem.

#155 MikeDelta, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited by MikeDelta: Apr 10, 2016
  16. PhobicLeaf267

PhobicLeaf267 Rookie

this guide is stell relvent ill assume and ok to use with windows 7?

thank u

17. Refusinq

Refusinq New Member

Hello, sorry for my stupidness.
    I've installed rim mods for TDU2.
    Got everything setup, but... I've pasted my rims in TDU2UNPACKED/Euro/bnk/Vehicules/rims/Toyota/ << Here i pasted them so i can use them for my Toyota.
    Got inside the game to the car dealer.
    Couldn't find the rims.
    Can anyone help me, thanks.

18. binbow

binbow Well-Known Member

@Refusinq:
    It is necessary to change the saved rim file name to the file name used by the vehicle.
    I think that you should study the use of tdu2vpe. You can reset the file name of the rim to use.
    As an example of using tdu2vpe, I think that this link will be helpful.

#158 binbow, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited by binbow: Aug 23, 2018
    MagicV8 likes this.
  19. Refusinq

Refusinq New Member

Thanks alot!
    I tried alot of times with tdu2vpe but didn't work out.
    The tutorial worked thanks.