1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old do you have to be to be a adult in UK?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Johansen, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Johansen

Johansen Banned

just wondering how old you have to be to drive and legaly drink in uk. here in norway you can legaly drive when your 18 and legaly drink less than 22% when you are 18 and drink whatever you want when your 21.

2. Nipper

Nipper \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

14 to smoke legally
    16 to buy cigarettes or tobacco
    17 to drive
    18 to drink (anything)

3. Hamann M6

Hamann M6 Epic post whore

theres talks of changing the age of buying alcohol to 21 so we can be more like americans?!?!?!?! why cant we just be britain??!?! POLITIANS ARE JOKERS, THE LOT OF THEM!!!!!

4. Nipper

when have we even bothered to adhere to those laws anyway lol

5. Hamann M6

Hamann M6 Epic post whore

very true, you know you'll just get loads of people outside shops trying to get older folk to buy them alcohol, just like i used to do back in the day!!!! lol

6. Nipper

or just get friendly with the local shop (wat i did, dont need ID for anything :p)

7. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

I've heard there putting driving up to 18 and keep everything 18 oh and i've also heard there putting tobbaco (can't spell) up to 18 aswell. Being the govenment it would take about 300 million years to come in and the the house of lords will just reject it aft6er spending millions.

8. Nipper

thanks goodness i wont be affected then LOL

9. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

aged 15

smoked, drunk (heavy) and driven (okay it was a forklift on W/E and it was only a bit of reversing)

10. FateFTL

FateFTL bbq?

California, USA

15 - Permit (Drive if someone over 21 is in the car)
    16 - Drive Anything (No teens)
    18 - Smoke
    18 - Drive Anything (With teens)
    21 - Drink

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!