1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is the site loading speed treating you?

Discussion in 'News, Support & Feedback' started by Diablo, Sep 2, 2018.

?

How is the website speed now compare to few months ago

1. blazing fast than before

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I don't feel any difference

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. WTF you did, it's slower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I just joined the community, can't compare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I remember when I acquired the site, previous buyer (not Diablo the 1st) was running it on a dirt cheap shared hosting with a manage layer called cpanel
    for those of you don't understand what means, it is basically hundreds and in some cases thousands of websites cramped into one single dedicated server
    with a management layer on top, basically a UI that translates user options into server command for those who don't know how to build, manage and maintain servers,
    it comes with many limitations, often time un-optimized and require additional resources to run

when I ran through some stat checking sites, the speed was in the range of slowest site, behind 90% of all sites on the internet (don't remember the exact number)
    running the same checkers recently, result came in as 'very fast', sitting at top 5% of all sites on the internet

Just curious how you feel

on a side note: any feature do you want to be implemented?
    for example I was thinking a vehicle stat search, that will return all specific parts, rating, related news, reported issues, recalls, variations all in one page
    some of your might know I am researching vehicle to purchase recently, and I think this will be useful
    (let me know if such site already exist, and how do you currently find those information, as it will help me built the API)

On a side note side note: do you prefer dark or light website theme?

#1 Diablo, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited by Diablo: Sep 2, 2018
  2. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

i use light theme only. :lol:

And i don't really understand the vehicle stat thing, you mean like a catalog?

3. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

yes, like a catalog, you search for a vehicle by year model, get relevant info all in one page

4. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

I know a website that has a lot of info, on a lot of vehicles, rare cases those infos are incorrect and they do not talk about news, recalls or issues. It just brings data about the vehicle. It's called automobile-catalog.

5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member
    tduck team

Feels fine to me.

Some of us are probably missing the Chatbox we used to have on the forum index page.
    Another nice to have feature would be some way for users to show what game they are playing right now, be that a manual text field that is displayed prominently, or even better -integration with PSN/XBL/Steam/Discord. If we know others are playing, perhaps we'll join them, take screenshots/videos, share them back here and create some more activity on the forums.

Diablo likes this.
  6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

posting stream, integrate steam, discord, PSN/XBL, dedicated screenshot/video share ARE ALL PLANNED

Ryzza5 likes this.
  7. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

Hi,

site loading speed is as fast as before if you ask me. Was great already :)

8. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

thanks for the feedback

9. TDU Iceman

TDU Iceman New Member

Site seems to load about as fast as my browser can manage. Thanks for the quality hosting.