1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you take your top off? (grab and over or criss-cross arms)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by insaneone, Apr 23, 2018.

?

How do you remove your tops?

1. Grab at the scruff and just pull it over my head

50.0%
  2. Do the criss-cross arm technique without serious injury

16.7%
  3. I do it another way and I will tell you below

33.3%
  1. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

For a long time I have just been grabbing the area at the top at the neck area – either sides or at the back – but you see lots of folk doing that criss-cross of their arms where the arms go up and so does the top and off over the head it goes. So effortlessly.

Now I did try that, but it almost broke my arm, tends to result in the top being stretched (aka ripped) and can even give a stabby pain in the back. Resulting in me just wanting to do this instead. :D

pull_off_shirt.jpg

And so, I ask you. How do you take your top off?

2. Well, my method is kinda different because I start with taking my arms out of the shirt and than I stand on my hands waiting for T-shirt to fall.
    Actually I just pull the lower part up with one hand (other hand is trying to escpae from sleeve) :cheeky:

3. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

Uh huh. I have seen a lot of women do this when removing a bra so I'm raising my eyebrows at your technique here. :p
    Don't you sometimes end up ripping your top if you do it that way, as your elbow will get in the way? :hmmm:

4. You know, years of practise helped me to achieve perfect technique in removing my bra shirt so now I don't rip my top. But I used to get stuck inside it quite often :duck:

insaneone likes this.
  5. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

Now I'm picturing you like a quick change artist. Turn around because you hear something, face front again and your shirt has changed. :mhmm:

F12Berlinetta likes this.
  6. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Criss-cross arm technique. Because i am a pro. :lol:

No, really, in the end it depends on the top, long sleeves and tight head gap make it more complex, so when i remember i am wearing a top that does not make criss-cross easy, i avoid it. Thing is, when i remember. :lol:

But the criss-cross usually works with everything, including tops that don't have neck area.

They need to remove their arms from the sleeve to do that? Pfft, amateurs. :lol:

7. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

Ah those drunken nights out when you come back and get trapped in your clothes and just crash to your bed anyway. Waking up later is always a curious time where you either remember, or don't.
    Wow, you got skills, girl.

alan_maths.gif

8. Milli

Remember what? If people start to only say what you did, without evidence, it's a lie. :lol:

Easy-peasy. :lol:
    [​IMG]

F12Berlinetta and insaneone like this.
  9. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

Well, they've never had to be in that much of a hurry. ;)

10. Milli

Probably because they never got home late to watch a new episode of the series you're watching. :lol:

11. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

Tried to criss-cross again this morning and nope, cannot do it. I can feel that I am pulling the back of the top into my back, tightening it and making raising it really difficult. Not to mention my elbows like to get in on the action and pin themselves into the sides of the top at the front.

Is there a height - arm length ratio explanation for this perhaps? :lol:

12. Milli

Only if it's a short height and small arms, since i'm 5'2". :lol:

13. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member
    tduck team

I just pull up from the neck of the top. Assuming I'm not wearing a buttoned shirt.

14. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

Ah but, undo two to three buttons and even that can just be pulled up and over sharpish also. Obviously if you don't care, you can just go for the old 'flying buttons' technique instead. :p

15. TDUFREAK500

TDUFREAK500 Rotary <3

I tend to pull my right arm out of the sleeve and then pull it off by the neck, but I can also quite easily do the criss cross technique too, it's all about where you grab the shirt, you really need to get your hands round as far as they can go so your arms are really tight against each other, otherwise that's when you attempt to rip your shirt.

16. TDUZoqqer

TDUZoqqer whomst'd that

As I am ALWAYS wearing standard cut black t shirts without prints (I am not a fashionista), I just grab the back part of the neck and pull it up. First because I am lazy to do else, second because as I am wearing the same stuff it's easier to remember.