1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmm ... bad news (RRoD) [Part 2!]

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Diablo, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Sorry guys...

[​IMG]

Served me well even though it was coming up for 2 years soon.
    [​IMG]

Typical, looks like the Diablo GT may be released, the only car I want want want and I'm going to have a bit of a wait. Hope you guys can do the random sayings and get frustrated at people turning without telling you, without me.

C'est la vie! :umm:

When will it return? (get the date and win an Atari L/XL T-shirt!!)

baldred :: 18/10
    Speed :: 19/10
    SupermAnthony :: 20/10
    N1PPER :: 23/10
    MARK1992 :: 29/11

#1 Diablo, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 18, 2018
  2. khevolution

khevolution Most likely To Hit a Tree

oh noes!!! who else am i gonna follow when i get lost!! but that an old xboxs it has done you well, have you tried the towel trick?

on a good note tho. i know somebody from another forum whose xbox died and he sent it off and got a replacement within two weeks. so there is hope

3. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Oh hopefully it'll be replaced soon.

4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I suppose one good thing is, even though I have a project to do I can concentrate on something that is long overdue. This could be a good thing!

5. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

UNLUCKY DUDE!

fate doesn't like you much does it?

in a way i kinda dont want the diablo in this pack, just so it aint so bad :)

6. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

something long overdue? Could it be a uploading all the photos you have.

7. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

maybe getting the site done? :D

8. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Alright then, 2 things. lol

Btw what's that saying? Bad news like company or something, the reason I say this is because those 300 photos I had have somehow disappeared and I have an idea how but hope I'm wrong. :(

Oh what a night!

9. Nige

Nige Buy American ....

GUTTED MAN !!!

This could be a good thing though !

#9 Nige, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited by Nige: Oct 2, 2007
  10. Iced_Bullet

Iced_Bullet Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I don't get it, whats gone wrong with your 360 Diablo?

11. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

This is the infamous 3 Red Lights of Death (3RLoD) aka as the Red Ring of Death (RRoD) which basically means the box is dead or dying due to something melting near the Graphics card or something meaning the system can't run anything giving out a total failure which cannot be solved by merely letting it cool down.

The 'towel trick' is when you essentially bake your 360 so much so that it heats so much inside that it melts this component that has come loose and thus fixes the join that has since come apart (very basic description). This has worked for some people but personally I don't mind being without it especially since they fix this problem and add extra cooling to the inside if they fix your machine, if they send a refurb or even sometimes a new one then you're good to go BUT you can run into problems with DLC and may even worse case scenario receive a banned unit due to it being modded.

I'm optimistic though that I can get a lot done in the time it has to be away so here's to about 3-4 weeks (could be less) with time to spare.

Hope that clears it up a bit for you.

12. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Hmm I need to find a box I can put it in for the UPS pickup, only problem is the only real plain box I have that's big enough is my old PlayStation 2 box. What do you think? lol

13. Mb

Mb The Photographer

Maybe it's also caused by dust coming into the 360?

14. YeOldeTDUMan

YeOldeTDUMan working too much

Sorry to hear the news mate ... lets hope you're back in the 360 world soon!

15. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

Sorry to hear about this mate, lets hope M$ get it back to you swiftly

16. Iced_Bullet

Iced_Bullet Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Thanks for the detailed description Diablo, can't +rep :( I would if I could :p

17. Aquila DK

Aquila DK is Tom Kristensen :D

Just right a note that you're the infamous custard and they'll have to replace it! Or maybe not. Anyways, sad to hear that you've got RRoD

18. SupermAnthony

SupermAnthony Man Of Steel

Mine came back last week. It only took 2 weeks from when it left my house to when it arrived back. I was well impressed. And they fixed it, I didn't get a new machine or a refurbished one. Plus you get 1 month free Xbox Live Gold membership for the time it's away and a description of what went wrong with yours (in my case, the 3 red lights were caused by a malfunction of the mainboard).

19. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Hey Super when they came for yours did they bring a box (affectionately called the coffin) already or did you need to pack it up yourself?

Cheers. I would like to get mine back tbh, it's done me well.

20. eleKtro

eleKtro Contain Your Orgasms

SO this is like a BSOD for a PC :)

[​IMG]