1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by "Hedge", Oct 8, 2010.

1. Stories

Stories New Member

all he needs to knows = girls are better and better with times, it's called "évolution" and it's like videogames (exapmles = girls are really more précious in 2015 than 1995, and TDU is really more interesting in 2017 than 2007 etc etc etc)

more beautifull, more clever, more rich, more independant, maybe more respectables and interesting sometimes probably

loving somebody or something who's not lovable is an error, and it contain himself too

#1341 Stories, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited by Stories: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Imagine yourself at say age 25. Regardless of what you do or do not do, and what the outcome is, you will look back at your younger self, laugh, and go 'what an idiot I was'. :)
    What you want and what the other person is can change up to about that age anyway.

I was thinking more of that Indian guy on big bang theory. I think I've quoted the wrong post but I'm mobile so please kindly deal with it. :)

3. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Big text alert. Under the hidden button.

Look, i get it, most people, suffer from social anxiety, including me, but each in different levels of intensity. Thing is though, social anxiety always have a reason. And every reason can be thought about, worked on so it can be "fixed", or make it way less active. I'd recommend you to try look at the situation with logic. Let's see:

There is this girl. That you think she's out of your league, that you can't even speak when around her, that you think you'd look like an idiot. Have you ever thought why?

I mean, why is she out of your league? What does makes she so much better than you? Why do you think you will look like an idiot? Why can't you speak around her? Because she looks good? Then i question, since when looks has anything to do with someone being better than someone else? How someone looks like actually means nothing. It really doesn't.

Ok, i know our brains have a tendency to think that everything that looks good is actually good, but that is not how it works with people. So, how does that makes she out of your league?

Second, being yourself will never be make an idiot of yourself. Being honest with your emotions and feelings, fears, that is not make an idiot of yourself. That's a pressure that you put on yourself, because you think you MUST be that guy, who gets the girl he wants. That guys who is fit and good looking... Heck, you don't even need to be a guy that gets a lot of girls. Those things do not make you any more of a man than anyone else. The fastest you stop to ask yourself to be like that, and focus on being yourself, the better.

Let's make things clear, hypotetical situation:

You come up to her, and literally freeze in front of her, can't say anything, moans some sounds, like... aaauuuummmmmmmm, and then leave. Does that makes you an idiot? It doesn't. And who ever says it does, well, now we know who the idiots really are. It's ok to have fears... and it's ok to fail. Hell man, i walk since i know myself, and yet, i trip and fall while walking, i still haven't learned how to walk properlly without fail, why are you so hard on yourself when it comes to this?

Talk to people is also a "skill", and as every skill, you can improve and learn, and again, as every skill, we do learn by doing and doing it wrong. Allow yourself to try. Allow yourself to learn, whatever is the outcome.

#1343 Milli, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 21, 2018
    RobikV3 likes this.
  4. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Maybe You're right maybe I'm just ovethinking the whole thing...

Anyway I really appreciate the support here, it feels good being able to talk to somebody about it so, thanks Milli and anybody else who tried to help :hi5:

5. Stories

Stories New Member

don't worry, we're always searching something better, girls are same, but really think about your look, it's your product = the thing they will see in first :cbme2: (+ Chanel "égoïste" perfume :ruuun: )

#1345 Stories, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited by Stories: Dec 17, 2016
  6. Andreas¹

Andreas¹ Crazy Duck

My grandmother passed away today so.... there's that. :(

7. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Sorry for your loss :glomp:

8. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

Sorry to hear that, I know how horrible it feels having been there a couple of years ago. I'm here if you want to talk to somebody :comfort:

9. Andreas¹

Andreas¹ Crazy Duck

Thanks guys :( She was 85 years old but still thinking clearly until this happened. I think she would've had a few more years had she not contracted some kind of infection, I don't know if the doctors are even sure what happened yet. It happened so fast, she only went in on Thursday.

10. Paladin Skylark

Sorry to hear about your loss Andai, I have that day coming up soon too, I feel like it's a matter of time

11. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Sorry to hear about that Andreas, I know there's not much one can say at such a deeply personal and tough time but have a :glomp: from me, you, your grandmother and your family will be in my thoughts.

12. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Sorry to hear that Andreas, loss of family member is always hard

13. sti228

sti228 Sim Racer

Sorry to hear that Andreas. I know this feeling. It' very hard.

#1353 sti228, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited by Diablo: Mar 5, 2018
  14. GTAMADDOG

GTAMADDOG Dreaming in Splendour

Well, got the news yesterday that my cat died on Thursday evening. She had been getting skinnier for a while and to be honest we've had several cats follow this same path. The last few months she had been eating loads; her bowl of food, other cat's bowl of food, anything she could scavenge off our plates and she'd still ask for more. She never put weight on, just got thinner, so I knew the inevitable would happen some time this year. Been away from home this week looking after my mum's house and cat so I was really hoping it wouldn't be this week that my cat passed away, but she did.

Had her since she was less than six months old back in 2000/2001, so admittedly good innings for a cat, but I'm absolutely gutted. A cat that was always happy, always wanted to be with you (she'd even sit and watch me fix the car in the rain), and in some ways she was like a dog. R.I.P. old girl.

15. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Sorry to hear about that, pets are definitely a member of the family, it really does hurt when one of them passes away. It sounds as if she was a great cat, I'm more of a dog person as I want a pet that will always want to be with me, so your cat would have been perfect for me, I'm sure you have many good memories, she lived an impressively long life, RIP.

16. Milli

I don't usually post here, because normally i don't think it's relevant, but today, i think you guys might understand me.

I was driving... as i every sunday do, pretty much routine. Stopped at the red light, me, my father and his gf inside the car. Talking, when all of sudden, we hear tires locking up. I look at the rear view mirror, and i see an Opel/Chevrolet Astra, silver, getting closer really fast. I thought, he will hit me, i must get out of his way, as i release the brake pedal, this is the result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As i checked if everyone was alright, and luckly and thanks to countless factors, yes, nobody got hurt, i step out of the car, as the guy who hit me also does. When he gets closer, i could smell he was drunk. Very drunk. So drunk that when we were waiting for police, he almost fell by himself.

Both cars had insurance, so money is not an issue. As police arrived, they took us to their base station, and did the normal usual burocracy stuff. They took the guy to get a blood exam, as it comfirmed he was drunk at crime levels, he went to jail.

As the car was being towed by insurance company though, they said it is very likely that it is totalled. So, even though i survived without a single scratch this accident, even though nobody got hurt, i feel really upset by this whole thing, as the car is probably gone for ever.

17. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Heck that is a big impact! Glad to hear nobody is injured, but you will definitely be hurting (sore back, neck) tomorrow and maybe for a couple of weeks. Hopefully you can see a chiro/physio and/or massage therapist as needed. Last time I got rear ended there were only little scratches showing up and I was quite sore, but maybe you're just tougher than me :lol:

I'm sure it is very normal to feel upset over it, but cars can be replaced (I don't know if it's harder in Brasil). Focusing on the future (activities where life is back to normal) might help. You've done nothing wrong. Even with your ninja like reflexes you probably would never have been able to get out of the way, so don't beat yourself up over 'what if' scenarios. Hopefully this doesn't take away your confidence on the road.

18. Milli

Now that you said, :lol: my back is a bit sore, but i thought it could be from standing for a long time at the accident location and at the police station, but it might actually be from the hit. Which was yes, a big hit. Which could have been worse if i was still with my foot on the brake pedal.

It's not complicated here, as insurance will cover the whole thing, be it a repair or the whole car, and sure cars can be replaced but every car that i drive for a few times, i get emotionally connected to it, and see this little Honda get "killed" like that, was very sad. It can be replaced, but won't be the same. :sulk:

19. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Generally speaking, you want to brake harder on impact, so that you do not hit any cars in front or get pushed into an intersection. I suspect you didn't have this issue. Many modern VW/Audi cars automatically do this for the driver.

20. sti228

sti228 Sim Racer

Kind of cry/laugh post.

I work and my dog eat my earn money xD Already changed them without any problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]