1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guests/Unregistered having problems? You can post here.

Discussion in 'Site & Forum Support' started by Diablo, Mar 13, 2007.

1. kalniel

kalniel New Member

*testing to see if I can post here*

2. kalniel

kalniel New Member

Right.. can post here.. but not edit a post.

3. kalniel

kalniel New Member

:( Can't post in any other sections, says 'message too short' as if no characters are being entered.

And chatbox is broken - just stuck on 'loading' for me.

Might try clearing out cookies to see if that helps.

#43 kalniel, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by kalniel: Jan 21, 2009
  4. kalniel

kalniel New Member

ok.. the edit is registering as an edit attempt (adds reason for edit).. but doesn't actually change any of the text that I edit.

Chatbox still not working after clearing out cookies and restarting Firefox. Something is borked.

5. kalniel

kalniel New Member

Still can't post anywhere else but this thread.

6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Let me check your permissions mate.

7. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

What about another browser kal? Your permissions are fine, I'm going to run a test on the user table make sure no records need repaired.

8. And3rs

And3rs Here for my yearly visit

Five posts in a row.. j/k :D

9. kalniel

kalniel New Member

IE is fine (can quote you in IE - couldn't in FF). Pretty sure it's something my end, but there shouldn't be anything in TDU-C that I have a problem with - have you changed any scripts in the last few days that might be blocked for security/privacy reasons? (I know some websites do something funny with header information I think that can sometimes cause firewalls to block them). TDU-C scripts are allowed in FF, but there might be some built-in protection somewhere else that's stopping it.

10. kalniel

kalniel New Member

Okay, what are you using googleapis for Diablo?

11. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Instead of having all the JavaScript code for the forum embedded in the forum - thus page load increase and bandwidth hit - the JavaScript is now fed from Google's server. It's much faster, is always upto date and makes the forum load quicker than before. Plus it decreases load on the server which is the main reason for doing it.

12. kalniel

kalniel New Member

Right - that was the problem: running scripts from a source external to the website is a security risk (malicious code could be injected), hence it was being blocked.

13. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

That's my mistake for not mentioning this then so sorry. I understand the security aspect of what that could result in.

14. kalniel

kalniel New Member

No worries. Feel free to delete the posts about the problem/possible vulnerability (or move them somewhere not publically viewable).

15. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

It's fine, the external inclusion is done via a script and verified first so there is no security lapse to worry about.

16. (Crazee)

(Crazee) Guest

How Long?

How long should it take to receive my activation e-mail? I need to download Djey's Magic Map because i installed a car without knowing that i need his magic map for cars that are a larger size than their default replacement. I also wanted to say Hi and that I am joining the forum.

17. t.

t. Retired

Should be instant, I assume you've checked your junk folders etc. Try to sign in with the account you made and then it should let you re send your activation email. I think.

18. Crazee

Crazee New Member

Don't worry, i got my activation and now my account is up-and-running :thumbsup:

This is a great forum and I hope I'm not too noobish for it.

19. bob

bob Member

Don't be a stranger and remember that this place now owns your teeth.

20. Baldy

Baldy Wibble Wobble

Yes we do, how do you think we pay for this place, massive daily shipments to the tooth fairy :cheeky: