1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Sport Gran Turismo Sport - Gameplay Trailer

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by hassan1995, May 19, 2016.

1. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

and some good lawyers then.
    what's with the trailer song btw.
    Also no logitech support so I'll pass thank you.

2. calster17

calster17 Resident rubbish car fan.

When it was first announced, I was a bit Meh.

But seeing that, looks like we could be back to the good ol days of GT! Looks like road cars can be made into fully fledged race cars (al-la GT2), as well as just giving them basic mods (wheels, aero, etc), here's hoping the mod's & tuning are like GT4's. The Photomode looks to have a ton of locations like GT4 did. Just hoping the physics are good, as much more believable than Forza's can be!
    Also, finally a livery maker and looks alright. And the list of cars I spotted is good! 4C's, F-Types, Impreza (Sorry WRX STi as its now called) as well as an RC-F.
    Now don't go and disappoint me and leave out the Cappuccino PD! :lol:

3. T1M

T1M ♥ MX-5 ♥

It looks alright, but the car list is a bit slim. I thought the premium cars from GT5/6 were said to be PS4 quality anyway? So there should be close to 300 cars if that was the case.. unless they're purposely trimming it down and saving them for GT7.

Anyway, the graphics are gorgeous and there are some nice cars in there, but not sure if it's worth buying a PS4 just for this game. Will have to see when more gameplay is shown....

4. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I'm pretty sure they got a kid to make noises for the trailer song

5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

#25 Ryzza5, May 20, 2016
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  6. Camel

Camel New Member

The photomode does looks stunning but the visuals in the actual gameplay don't seem that great to me if I'm honest. A low amount of AA and around the wheel arches for the cars for examples they don't seem to be smooth curves.

And is this a main game in the franchise or a prologue style game or a side game? Can't quite tell but the car count is quite low and lots of racecars. :hmmm: Hope GT7 is still a thing that is coming.

7. carlos_69

carlos_69 OMG EVO

It's GT7 Prologue under a new name to turn into a spin-off series

8. hassan1995

According to theo (blackpanthaa) it's a full game not a prologue.

9. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

But afaik this is more like a side game than a full GT7 :hmmm: You can get points for an actual racing licence in this game because of the co-operation with FIA :lol:

10. hassan1995

#30 hassan1995, May 22, 2016
  11. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

It is. It's not actual GT7 it's more a slimmed down more racing focused example of GT with FIA credentials. More accurate and informed sources would class it between GT3 and GT5 Prologue in fact.

There is a feeling too that the game shown was an earlier build and that the jitteriness seen in the footage when viewing as a spectator was due to that view not having the correct physics that replay and the game itself has, which again from reports was said to have shown none of the strange behaviour viewable in the spectating view.

I find it crazy though how many people are going nuts over the blow-off valve noise of the Evo when it was just a simple sound and the rest was more of the same.

I do believe we will see a major improvement with the game come its release and I have to say that when watching the races themselves, it did throw me back to the great old days of racing GT4 over Xlink Kai I think it was called.

Oh yeah mentions too of a damage system and other gubbins was good to hear but as we know all too well, it is better to wait before jumping for joy at this sort of info.

12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Perhaps this title will hold most of the league features and pitch itself as an alternative to the classic list of PC sim racing options (or at least those that are also on console now)

League admins care more about how many cars are similar to each other to offer to members in a season rather than how many cars there are over all.

13. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

as if league admins matter to any developer or anyone

14. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

I dunno. I'd be interested in seeing how many leagues have used GT compared to say iRacing over the last few years. I feel it's increased a lot since GT5 came out.

15. Camel

Camel New Member

The sounds are a bit better but I can't help but think they've only increased the bass. Which is a good start but they still have a loooong way to go imo.

And enough with the overly excessively annoyingly stupid tyre squeal whenever you brake slightly or turn slightly. Why are they still doing it!?

16. hassan1995

#36 hassan1995, Jun 11, 2016