1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game buy out Gamestation!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Who, May 2, 2007.

1. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/784/784988p1.html

UK, May 2, 2007 - Europe's biggest videogame retailer, GAME, has announced that it's acquired major high street competitor Gamestation in a deal worth £74 million.

This buy out adds a further 217 stores to GAME's 406 shops in the UK and Eire, although Gamestation will continue to operate under its own name in an effort to keep both brand identities separate.

GAME chairman Peter Lewis cited Gamestation's high reputation among the hardcore gaming community as playing a key part in the deal. "We are delighted to bring Gamestation into our portfolio and believe it has a strong future within the group," said Lewis. "The Gamestation business is one we have long admired and is complementary to our existing business in terms of both store portfolio and target customers.

2. SupermAnthony

SupermAnthony Man Of Steel

Yeah, I read it this afternoon. Gamestation's prices where catching up with Game's anyway. £49.99 for some new 360 releases when I last checked at Gamestation. Needless to say, I only get pre-owned games from the 2 shops. Brand new games come from Play.com.

3. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

same, still, i found gamestation vastly better for pre-owned than game.

personally:

www.play.com < New releases
    www.gameplay.co.uk < new games that have been out a while
    Gamestation (highstreet) < Preowned stuff.

really should take a look at gamestation!

TDU for £23
    Condemmed for £13
    RB6 for £25
    Saints row for £23

you get the picture. anyway, delivery is free.

alot of these games are still full price at play.com, so if you want a game thats been out a while then i reccomend gameplay

#3 Who, May 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  4. SupermAnthony

SupermAnthony Man Of Steel

Haha my local Gamestation has got pre-owned PS3's. Tut tut. They had a pre-owned Wii last week that they were selling for £230 and it was only the standard Wii package.

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!