1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forza Motorsport 7 Forza Motorsport 7 Will Not Have Toyota Production Cars!!

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by tduck, Aug 5, 2017.

1. tduck

tduck Duck Tales!

[​IMG]

There will be no Toyota production cars in Forza Motorsport 7! As unbelievable as that sounds it has been officially confirmed by Turn 10 community manager, Brian Ekberg, in the latest 'Week in Review' posted on the official website.

Everyday and fan favourites such as the Supra, AE86, Celica, classic 2000 GT and more that have appeared in previous...

Read more on this...

[HR][/HR]
    Hey @H4milton, you got the featured image on this one! :cool:

2. H4milton

H4milton I'm voiD| H4Milton

Thank you haha :D

Diablo likes this.
  3. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Yeah that kinda sucks, I wish they actually redo the whole car list instead of reusing the same old models

4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Yeah some of those older models are looking a bit out of sorts these days.

5. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Yeah Subaru 22B and overall they could refresh it in terms of versions of the cars.

For example like Rx-7 been the same since FM3 the early model with ugly customisation, why cant they make the newer Spirit Type R, Z Tune R34, etc.

Yes the car list is huge but then again they only add couole dozen of cars each game, the rest stays the same, it just gets old and boring.

6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

I quite like the older versions but their models could be better. It wouldn't hurt to get some other specs like those you mentioned though.

7. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

forza needs a loooong break like the gt. Build everything up to today's standards. They've pretty much become the cod of racing games.

RobikV3 likes this.
  8. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Especially the Motorsport series look at FM5 and 6, theyre pretty much the same

Ozzmcom likes this.
  9. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Forza doesn't need a long break like GT, I'd like to play the next forza game in my lifetime thank you. A 2 year cycle is fine imo.

10. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Yes and no. It's a 2-year development for each of the Forza games and they outsource on a grand scale I believe so getting these older models up to scratch shouldn't be that much of an issue. They just seem to prefer to leave them alone for some reason. :hmmm:

11. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

quality is not so much the issue its the mentality of putting out a title every year, whoring out the game to the average guy who's not interested in cars. Which makes sense from a financial point of view but when you look at GT the purpose is so much more obvious, it stands out for itself. I wish forza had that kind of vision, it could be a much better game.

12. hassan1995

It's every 2 years... just because they hold the same name doesn't mean it's the same game. GT is playing it risky, you develop a game for so long peoples expectations will also rise and if the game falls short which GT sport may do it does more harm than good to the company. Turn 10 and playground may whore out the franchise but it's not like they're churning out steaming piles of crap, excluding forza 5 they haven't disappointed yet.

Diablo likes this.
  13. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

I don't think I would ever like to see Forza go to a GT-style release schedule. GT stagnated for ages, never really improving or adding what their fans wanted, but then Forza came around, and the bar was raised. Sure GT had the looks, the style and its photo mode but step back from that and it was still the same as it's always been. GT, PD and Kaz especially are arrogant in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I really admire the beauty and craft that goes into a Gran Turismo, but we're nearing the 20th anniversary of the series and it's only now slowly starting to embrace what its competitors have been doing for a while.

I think Sony needs to rein PD and co in a bit personally.

14. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

It is always sad to see a big brand gets removed from a game, whatever the reason they have. Toyota sure will be missed by many Forza players, as they have great JDM models. I wonder why that happened though.

As Forza cars, i do agree they should update the older models, which they have been re-using for a long time. They did updated some though, it's just less visible and changes are minor. Re-make a 3D car might be more complicated than it sounds, specially if the 3D model is wrong. A single car might take a lot of their time, which could, yes, compromise the 2-year release schedule. There is no miracle in gaming industry, you can't have all, which is, good models, good programming and short release time. One of these 3 will be lacking a bit. 3D models now have much more polygons and the game engine has much more capacity to show details, that means, make a model today takes a lot more time than it did back in early 2000.

My main complain about Forza cars though have always been about their way of put cars. They put the "latest" or the "best" version of older cars. Like, a C6 Corvette? Only the ZR1 model. A Honda S2000? Only the CR model. And so on.

#14 Milli, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
    RobikV3 likes this.
  15. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Milli likes this.
  16. randomsox10

randomsox10 Hachi-Roku

Pretty stupid from both points of view. I'll probably hold off on FM6.5 unless somehow someway they pull something out thats never been done before (which they won't)

17. hassan1995

How can you do something that's never been done before in a racing game?

18. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Quite easily. It's called innovation. :p I get what you mean though. ;)

19. hassan1995

Mario kart style power ups and wipeout cars 10/10 will buy

Milli and Diablo like this.
  20. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

Well they did the whole Hot Wheels thing in Horizon. What's to stop them continuing with it?! :D

Milli likes this.
  • About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!