1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forza Horizon 4 Announced!

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by TIMELESS, Jun 9, 2018.

1. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Welcome To Blighty, Mate!
    Yeah sorry... cliche, I know.

Unbelievable. The location of Forza Horizon 4 is the UK? Well bloody 'ell I'm excited. As IGN put it "Playground’s Britain looks to me like a decade of Top Gear episodes brought to life," and what's not to love about that? But anyway that's not all that's exciting. Let's get into the nitty-gritty.

• 'Beautiful, Historic Britain' - So far there's only confirmation of England and Scotland (Edinburgh, Lake District, Cotswolds, etc), but I'm hoping we'll also see the excellent Welsh driving roads and of course the Isle of Man. (And yeah I wouldn't mind seeing my home country of NI... but that's unlikely now isn't it?)
    • Dynamic livestock and fields! No really. "So wheat fields will appear green and fresh in spring [and] return to their characteristic golden colour in summer. In autumn you’ll see all that harvested and baled up, ready to go, and in winter obviously the field will be fallow" - art director Ben Penrose.
    • New driving surfaces: dry mud, wet mud, compact snow, deep snow, ice, etc.
    • There's an off-road adventure park!
    Vehicles:
    • Over 450 vehicles.
    • New customisation options such as 'Drift Suspension'.
    • Cover cars are McLaren Senna and Land Rover Defender 90 - God bless the Queen!
    Gameplay:
    • Shared world - goodbye drivatars! :D With up to 72 players per server there's no more need for drivatars.. isn't that fantastic? Don't fear the rammers - only your friends can crash into you. Strangers will be ghosted on contact.
    • It's Not Always Online - if you're a bit of a lone wolf like myself you'll be happy to hear you can go be alone if you want. Well... alone with the drivatars.
    • Seasons - Dynamic seasons; "Every season changes the world around you".
    • Dynamic time of day.
    • Dynamic weather.
    • Dynamic seasons, TOD, and weather will be synced for every player so you'll experience it all together at the same time. Each season will last for 1 week.
    • Purchase properties - Oh hi, TDU! Apparently, this includes Edinburgh Castle... I wonder how many Forzabucks that'll cost?
    • Purchase businesses - Have you dreamt of owning your own taxi firm? You're in luck.
    • 60FPS mode available on the Xbox X.
    • Native 4K and HDR.
    • Quick-chat - use the D-Pad to communicate with other players, useful for us Xboxers who CBA with a microphone!
    • Co-Op - seamlessly enter co-op from within the game world. Up to 6 players.
    • Forzathon Live - world events available for up to 12 players.
    • Horizon Stories - Sounds reminiscent of TDU/TDU2 driving contracts; a bunch of "cool driving opportunities" like being a stunt driver in a movie.
    • Avatar customisation - Sounds familiar, doesn't it? 500 apparel choices for both genders and even post-race emotes/reactions like GTA.
    More details when we have them :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Release date: October 2nd, 2018

#1 TIMELESS, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited by TIMELESS: Jun 11, 2018
    sti228 likes this.
  2. PsychoticMammal

PsychoticMammal Beep Beep

Well, looks like it's official! FH4 is in the UK!

So excited for this game, especially from this tidbit on the website; "With over 450 cars from more than 100 licensed manufacturers, Forza Horizon 4 features the largest and most diverse Horizon car roster yet with all the customization options Forza players love, like new Drift Suspension upgrades and driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes. And for the first time in the Horizon series, players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks."

That sure sounds like a certain other game that many people love around here doesn't it?

TIMELESS likes this.
  3. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Updated the OP with all the information I can come across right now. Hopefully there will be a more detailed press release soon :)

I'm honestly most excited for the idea of taxing across the UK. That's the dream, right?

4. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

I'm really surprised that they've taken some of the feedback from community with TDU style properties, actual driving roads(from what it looks like in the trailer) etc.

I'm a bit skeptical about the seasons though. If it's anything like the dynamic weather in horizon games it's gonna get annoying really quick.

#4 Ozzmcom, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited by Ozzmcom: Jun 11, 2018
  5. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

also apparently the map size is the same as fh3 as mentioned on twitch stream, maybe someone can confirm that

6. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member
    tduck team

Looks really nice, how about those trees, eh @insaneone ?

My only skepticism is over the size of the map. I know they roll these out every two years and slowly get bigger and bigger but they really need to deliver something as large and intricate as TDU1 (>10 years later). More time will tell, hopefully before launch.

TIMELESS and Ozzmcom like this.
  7. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

I don't think that's gonna happen, forza audience doesn't really care about map size from what I can see on forums.
    If TC2 could deliver 1/10th of the driving experience of horizon it's gonna be my choice of weapon for sure.

8. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

FH3's map size would be less a problem, if only it had less boundaries (e.g North East of Surfers Paradise...). Also I thought Blizzard DLC would be a real map expansion with connection to existing area...

So lazy! :(

9. sti228

sti228 Sim Racer

10. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

Really cool theyre adding more activities besides racing but, the map size bugs Me, it was my main con in FH3...

11. TDUZoqqer

TDUZoqqer whomst'd that

12. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Honestly? I love these Astras. :lol:

13. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

map size is the same as fh3, confirmed.

mau92 likes this.
  14. mau92

mau92 Well-Known Member

He says "About the same size, if not bigger", I don't have my hopes high though. If the map is the same size as FH3, I hope that they've opened some more roads

15. sti228

sti228 Sim Racer

16. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member
    tduck team