1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you know about wordpress

Discussion in 'News, Support & Feedback' started by Diablo, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

As far as I know currently the only usage on Turboduck is posting blog news,

I am currently incline to merge both platform into one,

the benefits:
    • look and layout will be same across entire site
      (altho this can still be accomplished when keeping it separate, development time is a lot more to keep them feel as part of same thing)
    • login session will be consistent
      (keeping it separate can still have login be shared via Oauth 2.0, user sessions are not, meaning you login to forum and go to blog, you won't be automatically logged in, there are workarounds but future support are concerning)
    • Make use of internal system API, for example, giving reward to member who contribute, group permissions
    • existing posts can be migrated over, this will also save some time on upkeep
      (reason is simple, think maintenance on two application vs one, which one is easier)
    the drawbacks:
    • available themes and plugins are significantly less by dropping wordpress
      (we might only be using it for blogging purpose as of now, but might be expanded for something else later on)
    • In term of posting content, I believe currently there is no application that can beat the simplicity of wordpress
    would like some input from you guys

#1 Diablo, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited by Diablo: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member
    tduck team

I like the idea and am interested to see how it develops (technically).

Do we have enough people willing to post high(ish) quality articles? It seems hard enough to keep threads active.

3. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

well, the idea here is do we want to keep the wordpress part as is, or merge with the forum system (so that anyone can post)

4. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

I actually have no idea. That seems too much of technical stuff for me. :lol:

But what i understood, if i am not wrong, is that the main page can remain as it is, or open for everyone to write an article, am i correct?

I like the idea of it being open, although, that can compromise the quality of the article/text.

5. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

by open, doesn't mean everyone can publish article,

we can have approve queued articles, while have certain user groups to be whitelisted,
    also allow us directly promote forum content to article.